Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error 412

Error 412

So i recently changed my password on facebook because my spotify is linked to my facebook and i chose to log myself out. I tried logging in on my phone and it isn't working and instead error 412 pops up. my friend who also uses it says it says error 412 as well. I dont know what to do i've tried everything.... 

5 Replies

Hi Qwolfy,

The 412 error stands for "Precondition Failed" so what I would suggest here is clearing all cookies and saved form data on your browser. Then log into facebook. while you stay logged in open up spotify. Log into spotify.

This error usually occurs when an incorrect or badly formed token is passed along the API. This could either be Spoitify changing their system, or most likely facebook changing their log in API. If the problem persists then more information may be required

I cleared all my cookies and this is still popping up code error 412 and saying my user and pass is incorrect. I know my username and password because I logged into my spotify through my iphone to see if i didnt know password but thats not the case because i got into it. I deleted the spotify app and redownloaded it, updated my macbook air so its up to date, tried to set up a device password but the email that says it sent to my email doesnt actually send, checked spam junk and inbox and no email, i am recieving emails but not the set up device password email.

Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 9.20.12 AM.png

Could you have changed your email address at all? Not getting emails is very rare from Spotify!

Have you been able to log into Spotify from any other device at all?

I did not change my email because i was able to login to spotify on the app from my phone using the same email and password that i have been trying to put into the app on my laptop. I click sign in with facebook and it tells me i dont have a facebook account with spotify which i do because when i logged in from my iphone it signed me in through facebook..

It might be worth checking your facebook account for authorised apps, if you revoke access to the spotify app - then go back to spotify and sign in through facebook it will then ask you to authorise the app. This "may" fix the issue with any luck.

The problem with when you authorise an app with facebook sometimes is that sometimes facebook changes their requirements and sometimes the app developers change thir app a little and this could result in a 412 - basically certain things are not being passed correctly.

Suggested posts