Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error code 408

Solved!

Error code 408

Hi, Im getting error code 408 when im trying to log in.
Ive tried with Facebook-login and spotify details-login and still getting error 408.
What do i do?! Help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi

I have the same problem; I can't change the settings to Switzerland as i use my Swedish card for the premium payment. Don't really understand why it's a problem now after being in another country for 7 months...

When i'm updating a minor thing in the settings page you suggest it says: "Another account is already registered with this email address."  Really? Last time i checked it was still my email...

Would be great with some help...

Some feedback:

Also, search function (if that is what it is supposed to be in right top corner) doesn't work on your help page. It simply doesn’t work to search after typing in the field.

There is no help function (at least visible and easy to find) when using a mobile device (iPhone)

On the computer It took ages to even find this thread in order to find someone to contact (if I’m not using twitter).... Seriously, Ryan Air has a better customer support service (better as accessible, let’s find out the quality of your support once notified)

Grade right now: 3 “sucks” out of 3 possible (hey, at least it can only get better now)

View solution in original post

14 Replies

@Ziio wrote:
Hi, Im getting error code 408 when im trying to log in.
Ive tried with Facebook-login and spotify details-login and still getting error 408.
What do i do?! Help!

Hi, is Spotify being blocked by a firewall? Ensure that if you have a firewall active, then Spotify is allowed through it.

Hey 🙂 

Error 408 occurs when your current geographical location does not match the one set in your online profile. 

This normally only occurs on free accounts, which have been outside of their registered country for more than 14 days as both unlimited and premium give you unlimited travel time. 

Head to your online profile as linked above and make sure your country is set correctly 😉 

If you have any issues, get in touch with the customer services team using the online contact form and a member of the team will be able to assist you. Remember, if you get an automated email reply directing you back to the community to reply to that email directly. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Hi

I have the same problem; I can't change the settings to Switzerland as i use my Swedish card for the premium payment. Don't really understand why it's a problem now after being in another country for 7 months...

When i'm updating a minor thing in the settings page you suggest it says: "Another account is already registered with this email address."  Really? Last time i checked it was still my email...

Would be great with some help...

Some feedback:

Also, search function (if that is what it is supposed to be in right top corner) doesn't work on your help page. It simply doesn’t work to search after typing in the field.

There is no help function (at least visible and easy to find) when using a mobile device (iPhone)

On the computer It took ages to even find this thread in order to find someone to contact (if I’m not using twitter).... Seriously, Ryan Air has a better customer support service (better as accessible, let’s find out the quality of your support once notified)

Grade right now: 3 “sucks” out of 3 possible (hey, at least it can only get better now)

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

That error normally appears when you have accidentally created two accounts in the system, one using your email address and another using Facebook. The quickest way to get this sorted is to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able remove the duplicate account for you. Once that is done you can change your country 😉

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter,

Firstly - the error code was there before i tried to log in with facebook. so it's hardly because of i had two accounts. (I removed the app from my fb account now anyway) Secondly the online contact form doesn't work, i can make a selection in step 1 but drop down menu in step 2 doesn't work, hence i can't submitt it. Do you have an actuall email adress i can use?

Also, as you can se it's 4 sucks now in my user name, that's because it didn't work to log in, i could only create a new user name... 

Tahnk you, thank you 

@user-removed wrote:

Hi Peter,

Firstly - the error code was there before i tried to log in with facebook. so it's hardly because of i had two accounts. (I removed the app from my fb account now anyway) Secondly the online contact form doesn't work, i can make a selection in step 1 but drop down menu in step 2 doesn't work, hence i can't submitt it. Do you have an actuall email adress i can use?

Also, as you can se it's 4 sucks now in my user name, that's because it didn't work to log in, i could only create a new user name... 

Tahnk you, thank you 

Try the alternative contact form located here 😉 

Peter

Peter

sucksucksuck - You'll now be able to change details in your account, I've just moved some bits about.

Regarding the payment, you'll need to keep your account as Sweden if you're using a Swedish payment card. The country in your account must match the country your payment card is from. It's just to confirm you're actually from a launch country.

To get your subscription going again, you'll just have to add a new card and resubscribe. You can do so here: www.spotify.com/account/subscription/
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

hi there i ve change country canada  still getting error 408 need help

m.o.razeen

Hi, 

I created an account in the UK and I am currently in the UK and somehow I got the 408 error. What can I do?

you like to sell something or not.

What as bull**bleep** with this country code.

Every body travels around the world.

spotify doesn't recognize my country Pakistan

i knwo hopw t o do it, just fol,l,ow these steps k gaz. 

<snip-moderator edit>

look at bunny guy, he tells you how to do it

Hey, solution for this problem is pretty simple, if only you have an Android smartphone. Just use any vpn app on your smartphone and log in using the server of you registration country. Then you can log in on your desktop without any problem/error. There is only one flaw in this method: you need to use vpn every 14 days to log in.

Solved! Get premium account and the rest will fall in to place;)

Suggested posts