Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FB sync (impossible or server problem?)

FB sync (impossible or server problem?)

Hi,

I've recently decided to create a spotify account (with Gmail) without using facebook. Since i'll eventually leave facebook someday, I don't want to lose everything I have done on this new account.

But the inability of having a profile picture made me link this new gmail/spotify account with my facebook (which uses hotmail), so, by doing this, shouldn't my facebook picture be displayed along side my username in this new ccount? At this moment the picture shows itself next to my real name, but when I go to my profile, it does not.

Detail in the Attachments 

Is this a temporary thing or an inability?

spotify.png
5 Replies

@brunomiiguel wrote:

Hi,

I've recently decided to create a spotify account (with Gmail) without using facebook. Since i'll eventually leave facebook someday, I don't want to lose everything I have done on this new account.

But the inability of having a profile picture made me link this new gmail/spotify account with my facebook (which uses hotmail), so, by doing this, shouldn't my facebook picture be displayed along side my username in this new ccount? At this moment the picture shows itself next to my real name, but when I go to my profile, it does not.

Detail in the Attachments 

Is this a temporary thing or an inability?

Welcome to the Community! have you tried logging out and then logging back in?

I have yes... Note that i'm logging in with my username, not through facebook.

I'm starting to think this is a limitation, hope i'm wrong. Otherwise i'll have to use another service, since my days on facebook might be counted.

@brunomiiguel wrote:

I have yes... Note that i'm logging in with my username, not through facebook.

I'm starting to think this is a limitation, hope i'm wrong. Otherwise i'll have to use another service, since my days on facebook might be counted.

Perhaps a clean reinstallation might fix it.

I'm a bit sceptical since it happens in the browser too, but i'll try that and cleaning Firefox's cookies, etc

Didn't work.

Seems like facebook connectivity only serves to share activity (which fails sometimes by the way) but has no effect when it comes to "overwrite" data to normal spotify accounts.

What now? Connect through facebook and lose everything once I eventually leave FB? Hardly an encouragement to go premium...

Suggested posts