Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook Posts!

Facebook Posts!

Right, what the f*ck is going on with Spotify.

Without changing any settings, its suddenly decided to post up every track I listen to to Facebook!

This is a f*cking joke.  No privacy setting update, just a change to behaviour.

So now my entire family knows which wedding tracks we're looking at...oh and why are we looking a strings.  Surprise blown.  Thanks very much spotify.

Complete shambles since expanding to the US and getting into bed with FB.

3 Replies

Did you have an account before the Facebook requirement? If you did, your account may have somehow got connected to Facebook (seriously Spotify why is this happening to people?) and the default setting is to post everything to Facebook. Spotify uses Facebook spam as a way of marketing their service.

Caitch - I'm sorry to hear about this. However, it is worth mentioning that your 'caitch' Spotify account will not automatically connect to your Facebook.

The default setting is to share your listening activity. If you don't fancy this, you can change all your sharing activity inside your 'Preferences' menu ('Edit' on Windows, 'Spotify' on a Mac), so you can share what you wish.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I'm not actually happy with that response. I want to know everything that will cause a Spotify account to become connected to Facebook. Why are people constantly reporting in this forum that they've connected to an incorrect Facebook account or connected without their consent? There is no way they've accidentally clicked "Connect to Facebook" inside Spotify if they don't know that there's a disconnect button on the same preferences page. There's also no way one can accidentally connect to Facebook on the Spotify website.

I do not want to ever become connected to Facebook and I'm already going to leave Spotify for Rdio if that service ever makes it here because I'm goddamn tired of you shoving Facebook down our throats even if we don't want it. I can't get my family signed up because you are forcing Facebook connections for new users for no reason at all.

Can you at least tell us all the actions that will cause a Spotify account to get connected to Facebook so I can avoid doing all this?

Suggested posts