Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Facebook & Spotify

Solved!

Facebook & Spotify

I am trying to deactivate my Facebook account but I can't keep it deactivated because every time I sign into spotify it reactivates my FB account. I want to keep all of my playlists and just need to change how I sign into spotify. Please help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Unfortunately if you created your account using Facebook, there is no way to seperate your Spotify account from Facebook. If you want to continue using Spotify without Facebook, you need to make a new Spotify account from the signup page without using Facebook. 

I would highly recommend that you cancel any existing subscriptions before deativating your Facebook account. You should be able to copy and paste your playlists from one account to another too. If you have any issues, the team can help, just drop them an email using the contact form.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Unfortunately if you created your account using Facebook, there is no way to seperate your Spotify account from Facebook. If you want to continue using Spotify without Facebook, you need to make a new Spotify account from the signup page without using Facebook. 

I would highly recommend that you cancel any existing subscriptions before deativating your Facebook account. You should be able to copy and paste your playlists from one account to another too. If you have any issues, the team can help, just drop them an email using the contact form.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Will it charge me twice for this month?

Suggested posts