Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook login black hole

Facebook login black hole

Trying to help my wife fix her account, after wasting time with canned responses from Spotify support.

"Login with Facebook" while logged into her Facebook account results in:

You do not have a Spotify account connected to your Facebook account. If you have a Spotify account, please log in with your Spotify credentials. If you do not have a Spotify account, sign up.

Tried "reset password" page on Spotify:

It looks like you are using your Facebook credentials to log in to Spotify. To change your Facebook password go to your settings page at facebook.com.

Tried adding an App Password in Facebook in Settings/Security/App Passwords. Tried logging into Spotify with FB username|email to no avail.

Should I just have Spotify delete her account and re-add it? I fear there's another black hole waiting there, and I have very little faith Spotify support will actually read the text of any issue we open for help at this point.
7 Replies

Hey there! Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. The app password isn't the way to go in Facebook. Have you tried clearing your internet cache and cookies (if using web player) or reinstalling the application? 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

This is all using the spotify.com/web player. Tried on the desktop app with the same results. I've tried on Chrome and Safari on her laptop, as well as my laptop; same results. I've cleared caches/cookies before, but just did it again on Safari on my laptop, same results.

I also tried deleting Spotify from her Facebook apps, and re-adding it by using 'Login with Facebook'. Same results.

I also tried to 'Sign up', and it indicates I can't use her email address, as it's already being used.

That's definitely something that I haven't heard of before. Support may be the best bet here... they can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

If you submit the contact form instead of the Twitter Message, make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify.

I can help follow-up with you if you PM me details. The support team starts working in a few hours for Monday. Want to see this get resolved for you!!

Cheers!

Submitted a support ticket...I'll give it one more shot.

Good to hear! I'm confident they can assist!

FYI my final fix with support: delete the account, and re-create it. There's no real fix for this problem.

I'm guessing there was some seriously broken data in that account (probably because it was an older account that hadn't been accessed in a long time). Spotify'ing along happily now.

OK, not truly successful.

Turns out, when we tried to login from mobile, it texts a number password. When we login with the number password, it says "You've already created an account with that email". We've exposed another Spotify login bug, and I'm out of gas to help them solve it.

Forget it, back to Pandora.

Suggested posts