Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook temporary error

Solved!

Facebook temporary error

Weird one:

I am trying to connect my Facebook to my spotify account.

I'm going here: https://www.spotify.com/uk/account/overview/

Then clicking on "Manually connect with Facebook" in the sidebar.

However, I get an error message, "Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later."

I've tried a couple of times now, but not knowing when 'later' is, I'm starting to wonder how 'temporary' this error is... Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

SharQ - I've just been into your account and made a couple of changes. If you have another try now, it should all be ok.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hello!

I have the same problem. When tray use option "Connect to facebook" I have this error message: "Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later"

Please fix me this to 😄

View solution in original post

73 Replies
Marked as solution

SharQ - I've just been into your account and made a couple of changes. If you have another try now, it should all be ok.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

You beauty - that worked!

Many thanks & please have a customer support hero cookie.

Strangely, I was handed a cookie a few moments ago. It did taste better than usual...
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have exactly the same problem at the moment 😞

Hey, i'm haing the same issue also - can someone take a look?

Thanks!

*Having. Oops!

I am currently having this issue on my account. Can someone on the "inside"look at it for me please?

@DaveyLuvGravy wrote:

I am currently having this issue on my account. Can someone on the "inside"look at it for me please?

Are you trying to connect via the website or inside the desktop client (Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network)? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

How can i get someone to take a look at mine?

It's killing me!!!

What exactly is the isssue @zharris ? Is this you?  If so your account is connected to facebook.

I'm facing the same issue and I've disconnected / reconnected the same account but still see this issue. I get the error: "Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later." while on mobile, I still see that spotify is already authorized. 

I've also been receicing this error for months now on my account while trying to link throught the website.

I'm having exactly same problem, please help?

Hi there,

i am having a similar problem, cannot log on on Microsoft Surface Pro, keeping getting this error, can someone please help? TIA!

Spotify desktop client communication failed.

Having trouble logging in to Spotify?

• You must have an existing Facebook-connected Spotify account to use the "Login with Facebook" button.
  • If you have a Facebook-connected Spotify account, you can also login using your Facebook email address and password as your Spotify username and password. (These won't be stored.)
  • Internet Explorer 11 users: to use the "Login with Facebook" button, addhttps://login.spotify.com to the Trusted Sites security zone.
  • Advanced users: in order to use the "Login with Facebook" button, ensure that login.spotilocal.com resolves to 127.0.0.1. Network security protections might interfere with this.
  • Still need help? Visit Spotify Community for more information.

hi also having this problem account - the.hodder 

I have the same issue. Can you take a look at my account too?

hello i am having the same problem. can someone please take a look? username: tracerepeat

Hi all -- I'm having the same "Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later." error repeatedly. I've logged on and logged back in. Can someone please fix my acocunt so I can connect to Fb? Thanks!

I've logged out of Spotify on Facebook and reconnected from both iPhone and Macbook and in neither place does it say connected. Still having the same problem of temporary error when I try to join on Desktop once Facebook says I am connected BUT Spotify does not recognize it.

Suggested posts