Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Frustrated - reset password not taking

Solved!

Frustrated - reset password not taking

I've gone around and around on this a couple times.  Go to login, put in the info, it doesn't recognize, request password reset, do that, try again. Repeat.  I can log into the site, but not into the program.  Even went into my profile and changed my password there, but nada.  Uninstalled the program, nada.  Restarted computer, nada.

Argh.  There are clothes to be folded and that can only be done listening to music.  I may have to use Pandora or go without clothes.  The former seems the better choice.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm having the same problem. I do not use facebook, but my reset password doesn't take and I can't log back in. pls help. thanks

View solution in original post

42 Replies

Hi Reignwater - Well we certainly can't have you fretting over folding clothes. 

Have a look in your inbox. I've sent you an email so you can reset your "rinajurceka" password. 

You'll be back to folding those clothes while listening to your tunes in no time. 

Thank you Meredith!  Clothes being folded!

I am having the same problem as the poster above.  Nothing I do is allowing me to log into Spotify anymore.  I have changed my password several times and it does not get recognized.  I have also uninstalled and re-installed the program several times.  I see the program but nothing else.  I haven't been able to listen to music in days...........  help, please!!!

same problem here on my symbian se vivaz

lynnobrien- Everything's fine with your account on our end. Since you opened your account via Facebook, your login details are the same as FB. Any password changes needs to go through their site. 

Are you using your email address as your username?

ea- In order to sign into your phone you'll need to retrieve your device username and set a password. You can do that right here.

thanks now it´s working

Marked as solution

I'm having the same problem. I do not use facebook, but my reset password doesn't take and I can't log back in. pls help. thanks

ARRRGGHH.! I'm having the same problem! Since I upgraded to Premium I cant log into Spotify. My Mobile device can, but my laptop is unable to. I have always been using my facebook connection and even tried to reset the password. and followed the instructiosd on the spotify site, but it still doesnt seem to work. At the site I can log in, but I cant open the actual program to access music. Help please!

gringogrande- If you're able to log into the website with your new Facebook password, I recommend a clean resintallation of the app on your desktop. 

You can find instructions for your operating system right here. Then be sure to log in with your FB email/ password. 

After I formated my mac I cant logg on tp spotify. I want to reset my password incase i have it wrong but I dont get the mail from spotify. My ID on spotify is den_killen

Pease help....

I've just emailed you back. Keep an eye on your inbox.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I am having a similar issue, I reset my password since I forgot it and wanted to install it on my phone. Went back to my desktop install and my phone, neither are accepting my new password. I tried to update my password again, and still the same issue, I simply can not log in from anywhere.

Hi lmacneil - Are you having trouble signing into the app--or downloading the app on your phone altogether?

Please be sure you're using your 'lmacneil' usename (not your email). It's then worth doing a quick clean reinstall before signing in with your new password. 

I'm having a similar problem. I have changed the password but it won't let me log in. Help!

Hi tobyrodgers - Since you're linked to FB you've got two ways of logging in:

1. Your "tobyrodgers" username + your Spotify password

2. Your Facebook email adress + FB password

If you're using 'tobyrodgers' be sure you're not using your FB password or any other alternate combination. 

Hi. Im goign insane. I upgraded to premuim and am trying to add spotify to Sonos on iphone/ipad. Spotify issued me a new username (since you cannot log in via facebook) and i received the email to create a password. However the "reset password page only has an area to log in. There is nowhere to actually reset or create a password? Im having a party this weekend and have no tunes! Please help!!

Hi Disco74 - What happens when you log in with your Facebook details from that page? 

I've received half a dozen or so of the reset email passwords, and nothing is working. I accidenitally disconnected my Facebook from Spotify, Spoitfy kicked me out, now I do not have access to my Premium Account. I can sign in through Facebook, but it's a new account, not my premium account. My Premium account username is EmGrover, but it won't let me login.

EmGrover I too have been having the exact same issues!!  I also lost all my contacts, play que and history......

Suggested posts