Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Going from single account to Family account - How to divide the playlists

Solved!

Going from single account to Family account - How to divide the playlists

Today I have my account on several devices which the family uses more and more, and add things to playlists. Since it's not possible to play on more than one unit at the time, and the kids want to listen to their music at the same time - it's time to get a family account.

But HOW to divide and disperse the various playlists to the new family sub-accounts? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @peterhagenstam,

you can make the playlists collaborative, like shown here:

Collaborative_tab_twitter.png

Then you can either send your Family members the playlist link or they search for your Spotify name in the Spotify app.

On your profile now the collaborative playlists should appear and everyone can add his/her music to that and hear to it.

When you don't want anyone to edit it, just click make Public and everyone can hear the music, but can't edit the playlist.

Have a nice day!

LK608 

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @peterhagenstam,

you can make the playlists collaborative, like shown here:

Collaborative_tab_twitter.png

Then you can either send your Family members the playlist link or they search for your Spotify name in the Spotify app.

On your profile now the collaborative playlists should appear and everyone can add his/her music to that and hear to it.

When you don't want anyone to edit it, just click make Public and everyone can hear the music, but can't edit the playlist.

Have a nice day!

LK608 

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts