Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[HELP] My Spotify account is currently being used by someone else

[HELP] My Spotify account is currently being used by someone else

Hello!

My Spotify account is currently being used by someone else. I've changed password, but they're still using it, and they refuse to log out of it. Could someone please disconnect all the devices from my account? Thanks!

Sincerely Kitttina

Edit:

Also I'm curious whether or not it's illegal to refuse to log out of someone elses spotify account when you're being told to do so.

Could one press charges against it? 

15 Replies

Hello,

I currently couldn't see anyone logged into your account at the moment - When you're having issues again, pop over here and let us know. If we see it right away, then we can act accordingly.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Hello David,

I have the same problem here. I just can't listen to my music without being pauzed by the message that my account is being used somewhere else.

Can you help me?

Thank You,

Dounia

Hi Dounia - I've just take a quick look. Right now no one is logged into your account. 

Still, I recommend a quick Spotify password reset: https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/

I'd also reset your FB password just to be safe. 

**Anyone else experiencing this issue should head over to the thread below. For now I'll lock this thread to avoid confusion:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Someone-else-using-your-account-Pos...

My Spotify account is being used by someone else and Spotify are not helping. They email me back every 2 days and only fix half the problem. The guy is called Tomasz Lukowski - I have tracked him via Facebook to Poland - he is a thief and using my account! 

Spotify won't speak to me on the phone and are not resolving this issue of fraud. 

The fraudster has even managed to change my own password and email address and now I can't use my own account THAT I AM PAYING FOR!!!!!!!!!!!

Shame on you Spotify for not resolving this for me after 2 weeks. 

Just keep at them via email, these sorts of these issues do need to be handled by that team I'm afraid.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, 

I have changed my password two times but it doesnt work....:( GRRHHH!!!

What to do?!!

Thanks, JC

Hey @jencarl did you also log out all devices here after changing your password?

hi

im having problems with my account, it says that my account is being used somewhere else. I moved from Mexico to Canada and I have already changed my settings and my password but it didn´t work. 

what can I do about it, does anybody can help me?

thanks

Someone else is using my account and I want to find out where it's being used if that's possible!

SOMEBODY IS USING MY SPOTIFY ACCOUNT! I AM LOGGED IN ON MY PHONE AND PS4 BUT SOMEONE IS USING IT ON A WINDOWS PC PLAYING STRANGE MUSIC? SO FRUSTRATING I AM HAVING TO PUT INTO OFFLINE MODE

ANY ASSISTANCE WITH THIS WILL BE APPRECIATED! THE DEVICE NAME IS WIN-(RANDOMNUMBERS)

I had a problem with an unauthorized device using my Spotify account, so I logged out from all devices and changed my password.  Now a couple weeks later, I am experiencing the same issue.  How is that possible when I have not logged into any other devices than my own and are all in my possession?  Please help.

Same thing is happening to me right now

Same thing is happening to me. FB Linked Account to Spotify. Since a few weeks ago other people use my Spotify Account Through Connected Devices. Other people create playlists, play music and disrupt my own sessions.

I changed my passwords twice in Facebook by now. Logged off all devices multiple times from my spotify account page..no use. This matter still continues

Seems like some serious session hijacking is going on. Please fix this. I am not paying Premium if these disruptions continue.

How did you find out who it was? I'm having the same issues.

I didn't... no response from Spotify, so went to Apple.

Suggested posts