Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HELP PLEASE

HELP PLEASE

My Question

Linking profile to Instagram Stories Music Artist

How can I link my artists Instagram profile to an Instagram Stories music Artist/Song?

There is no option to link my artists Instagram profile to an Instagram Stories music Artist.

When a person adds a polular song that they are streaming from Spotify to their Instagram story, a viewer of the story can click on the song in the Instagram story and the Instagram profile of the artist of the popular song will be displayed on screen. I want my artist to be able to promote his music on Instagram stories and linking his Instagram profile to Instagram Stories music would be very beneficial. 

The artist’s name is Ky, and a specific song of his is called “Falls God”, in this case. This song and artist can be found on Spotify and Apple Music by simply searching “Ky Falls God”. 

Thank you, in advance for your response.

Best regards,

Kyle Sturgeon

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 7+

Operating System

iOS 10 or later

011265A4-06DD-41EF-AC30-3674E4CC8CFD.png
14 Replies

Hi KySturgeon,

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

1. Search for the song/artist/album/playlist/account you want to share in the Spotify app
  2. Press the three dots on the right side of the song, or long-press, to get options
  3. Select "Share"
  4. Select Instagram Stories

Works for sharing specific artists, albums, playlists or accounts.

Share Spotify to Instagram Stories

I made a short clip of me doing it with Ky - Falls God. Heavy track by the way!

All the best,

Robert

Hello QualiAwe,

Thank you for your response to my initial question. I am afraid you did not understand my problem/question correctly as a result of my lack of detailed communication.

My problem is that I do not know how to link an Instagram profile (@kys541) to the Artist (Ky, who is I, Kyle Sturgeon, the creator of Falls God) that can be displayed on Instagram Stories.

In your reply to my first message, you went into detail on how to add music to Instagram Stories from the Spotify app, which did not answer my question. By now I hope I have explained well enough for more potential understanding of the situation, but as a safeguard, I have attached a short video below using visuals to aid my statement.

From the video you can see a popular artist has their Instagram profile connected, in some way that I do not comprehend, to the song that they own. I want to be able to do that.

I hope this second post of mine cleared some things up, and I eagerly await your next reply!

Best regards,

Kyle Sturgeon

No worries, it's partially my fault as well, not having enough experience with "the artist account point of view".

Have you checked the different settings and control panel at Spotify for Artists?

Hijacked this from an article:

"Head to the Profile tab in your Spotify for Artists account, click About, and on the right-hand side, there is a new ‘More Info’ panel. Here you can add links to your Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Wikipedia pages."

Sounds like that might be what you're looking for?

Hope this helps!

All the best,

Robert

https://open.spotify.com/artist/3673ewXJpGHHKq6VHTkcru?si=TKhFSBsvSuqwbsqWDizSyg

If you follow that link, it will take you to my (Ky's) Artist Profile on Spotify. If you simply navigate, you can find the links to my social media within the profile, but still, my initial question remains unanswered.

Robert, I really do thank you so much for attempting to help me find the solution to my biggest problem to date with being an Artist on Spotify! I still am optimistic about finding a solution, and I hope we continue to move forward with trying to find the solution to this problem with or without the assistance of others and/or Spotify itself.

Any other suggestions Robert?

All the best,

Kyle Sturgeon

Hang in there!

Most of the possible solutions I've presented is more or less just guesses, as I have zero experience with how an artist account is set up, which settings are available or how it's all intertwined with other social media.

If none of the tips above were able to clear things up for you, I'm afraid I'm all out of other options than contacting the Spotify for Artists SupportThey will be more than happy to assist you with your query and be sure to have hands-on experience with artist accounts.

But before doing so, if you really want to try solving this on your own, I would send some messages to artists who are using the specific marketing tool you've described. It might be hard to get an answer from Drake, but some smaller artists just might!

Also, it might not even be something which Spotify has any control over. It could be something which is all in the hands of Instagram.

Hope things work out for you, I'm standing in the back, cheering you on!

All the best,

Robert

I think this is instagram responsibility, not spotify. 

I had the same problem after my original instagram was deleted by them at 6k, @zerdlebandz, started a new one @zerdlebvndz for my music and posted one of my tracks in my from Spotify and it said the same thing. I did the following to connect my new page on IG to my musician profile. 

1. Sign into Spotify for Artists desktop or mobile

2. Click profile

3. Click about

4. Click the pencil icon next to "more info"

5. Enter your social handles without the @ symbol

6. Hit save

7. Post a story with your music and see your profile linked! 

This worked for me and I hope it does for everyone else as well! Make sure to check out my music and give me a follow!

Thank you,

Zerdle Bandz

i tried but it's not working. is there any other way 

Contact your distributor, and provide them the ISRCs of your music and instagram username. They will link it for you!

Cheers!

I'm having the same problem as OP...

Do I need to do this for every single release I have? This is such a massive pain in the side. I've had this with every song so far.

Hey folks,

Thank you for your posts. 

We suggest that you contact your distributor and Spotify for artists since we handle tech and user issues on the Community and we're afraid this is not our field of expertise.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thank you so much, I've been looking for this for a while already.

Hi. The option "more info" is not available in Android App. I've try in desktop, and I have my profile added. However, when I create a Story with may music, it shows my artist name without a image profile, and reading "no profile has been linked to this artist"

Hey @dnbianco,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

As @Jeremy has advised in a previous post, it'd be best to contact our artist support, as they will be able to help you with this issue. You can reach them through this site.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts