Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hacked Account

Hacked Account

Woke up this morning to find someone using my account from a PS3, discovered that someone had logged in and changed my email address and password. I'm still able to connect because I'm authenticated via facebook, so I can see that <snip-Rock Star edit (mail)> is the email associated with my account. However, for the past 2.5 years, it's been... well, my email. I've reached out via twitter to @Spotihacked accountfyCares and attemepted to use the Annonymous Feedback thing, but the message I got was that the responses will go to <snip-Rock Star edit (mail)> - and that's not me. 

I see no way to contact anyone directly aside from twitter or that support forum. I'm worried that spotify will respond to the hacker, and not me, and give them more chances to mess with this and perhaps other compromised accounts. 

1 Reply

Hello @mattvears, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Don't worry, if someone is using your account, you should contact with Spotify Consumer Support filling this anonymous contact form, or tweeting to @SpotifyCares.

You'll need to provide some information to prove you are the owner of the account.

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Don't forget to check your Spam Box 😉

Suggested posts