Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Having trouble logging into web player; "Sorry, couldn't find that"

Having trouble logging into web player; "Sorry, couldn't find that"

Hello! I've been having trouble with the web player for 2 days, now. It was working fine before I started receiving a prompt to log in every time I try to use it.

spotify issue pic 1.png

And whenever I click on "log in with spotify", I get this:

spotify error pic 2.png

Now, I've tried deleting all my cookies and logging in through different browsers (Firefox and Opera, other than Chrome), but the issue persists. I'm running Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon, 64 bit version. Using a free account.

Could anyone please help me out with this? 

7 Replies

Hey @philae 

What you could also try doing is logging into your Account on Spotify.com and then launch the web player, at that point it should log you in automatically.

Happy Listening

Keanu_C

I have the same problem, logging in to the website doesnt help

Hey there @arye321,

Thanks for the info. Let's check if using an Incognito Window (or your browsers equivelant) helps here? If that doesn't work, just let me know:

• If you're using a Spotify Premium account;
  • If that account has been linked to Facebook (and if so, if you're logging in using Facebook);
  • What version of your browser you're using.

Keep me posted!

tryed Incognito, did not help

I have a primium account

not linked to Facebook

I use chrome

Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thanks for that @arye321,

Let's check if using another device helps here. If not, let's see if logging into Spotify by going directly to https://open.spotify.com helps.

Let me know how you go! 

hey philae, I had this problem too, but after a few hours of attacking the problem from different angles, I decided to swallow my pride as a problem solver and just jump ship on the web browser--after downloading the desktop app, I was listening to music in minutes. I downloaded it here

I hope this works for you! It looks like a lot of people have had this problem, but I think when it comes down to it, the web browser is just unreliable. The Sorry, Couldn't Find That error is hardly a kiss of death, but it's a good motivator to make the switch to their more polished services.

Whilst the desktop app is polished I can't help but think they have slowly
cranked down the web player to move people to desktop player as the rise of
adblockers has reduced a revenue stream (my employer has them on our
browsers as standard protocol so not my fault). The amount of ads on the
desktop player is worse than on mobile, it's like listening to FM radio
where you get a song for every 3 ads. And the added bonus of risking
clicking on one of these ads while trying to do something else isn't a fun
game to play. And no I'm sorry I can't justify $11.99 a month for premium.

Suggested posts