Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help! My playlists have all been deleted.

Solved!

Help! My playlists have all been deleted.

Hi There,

I logged in, and for some reason my account was downgraded to normal, I'm normally on Premium, and that's what I pay for.

So when I logged in, I went and upgraded again, thinking maybe my billing details were wrong?

When I re-upgraded all my Playlists were deleted, I've spent many hours making those!! I really want them back, can you help?

Ryan

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm not a premium user but I'm having the exact same problem. I'd gladly upgrade if someoen could help me please, please get my playlists back. I'm a very regular spotify user and finding all my music gone this morning is. naturally, very upsetting. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@AKNexus - Not sure why it works, but try restarting your iPhone a few times by holding the home and lock buttons together until the Apple logo appears on screen then try again.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

91 Replies

OK - I've found the problem, for some reason I have 2 accounts?

But both under 1 email address - can you please merge them? Also I need a refund for the second subscription I accidentally purchased???

Help!

Thanks,

Ryan

Hello Ryan,

I've just taken a look at your account - I've located what's going on here. I'll send you an e-mail, as I need to confirm some security details before proceeding. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Hi David, 

Not to threadjack, but I'm having the exact same problem. I normally pay for Premium, but when I downloaded the new iPhone app and signed in (which was a really difficult process with the new app), it had deleted all my playlists. Think you can help? 

Cheers, 

_jake

Jake,

I've just taken a look at that for you. It appears that you had a duplicate account. I've deleted this duplicate account, and you should be able to get back to your Premium and your playlists by using your "jakeszy" username rather than an email address.

Airhorn Enthusiast

David ... This is "JAY" I need help this issue is getting worse. I have logged in-out a million times. Now it made me create a new user "th"  I was logged in as "commonwealthbullies" and I saw my acct names "jay hernandez" and I could see all my playlist... But how come I cant log in with jay hernandez on my pc or iphone and playlist dont appear ?

Hi David:
Looks like I'm in the same boat. I have a Premium account but when I logged in tonight it created a new 4 day trail account for me and I seem to have lost all my playlists. Any chance you can help?

Thanks!
Marked as solution

I'm not a premium user but I'm having the exact same problem. I'd gladly upgrade if someoen could help me please, please get my playlists back. I'm a very regular spotify user and finding all my music gone this morning is. naturally, very upsetting. 

I am having the same problem, it just happened today.

All my playlists are gone and I have been downgraded to normal while I normally am a Unlimited Spotify User.

Yours sincerely,

Mike van Zon

Hi Everyone, 

I recommend having a look at this other thread in which Richard provides some steps you can take to sort this out. 

What's happened is the majority of you have made a duplicate account and you're no longer signing into your original account with all your playlists. 

If you need any more assistance let me know. 

I tried doing what richard said, but I automatically login with my facebook, I have not had any troubles before, and on the site it says I have a basic account aswell.

I have the receipt from my paypal payment and the date on it, so I do not understand this. Can you check it out?

It happened like 2 hours ago.

Mike.

Hi Miroku, 

Have a look in your inbox--I've just sent you a direct email with your log in details for your original account. 

I've tried all the suggested fixes as well and can't get my playlists to return either. As far as I know I have only ever logged in via my facebook account. Anything you can do to help? 

Mdennebaum - Hi! Can you log in with your username 'ro60' and your Spotify password. This will make sure your original account is accessed. Your playlists should be there waiting.

You'll then be able to reconnect your account to Facebook from the 'Preferences' menu ('Edit' on Windows, 'Spotify' on Mac).
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I to have only ever logged in using my facebook account and am a premium user. My playlists are gone from my pc and ipod.

Hi Sm54-- When did you create your account? The account we have linked to your email was made five days ago and only has playlists linked to iTunes and Windows Media Player. 

If you created it before five days ago, please fill out our contact form so we can help locate your account and playlists. 

I need help. I'm currently using spotify free, and I just finished the free trial. But for some reason spotify deleted the songs I had saved on my computer and were the same songs that were on some of my playlists from spotify. How can I get my music back?  Please help. 🙂

Dear Spotify Staff member,

My premium account has been downgraded ( without me cancelling anything ) to a free account and i lost all my playlists 😞

When i want to re - subscribe it says: " can't update your payment details ".

Can you please help me out ?

Best regards,

Greg van Doorn

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

It sounds like you might have accidentally created a duplicate account. 

I would suggest you have a read at this topic to see if it helps. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks ! I don't know my old password anymoren and when i want to retrieve it, it says: " it seems your account is connected to facebook, change your password there".

I have asked customer support for help now.

cheers !

Greg

Suggested posts