Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help! My playlists have all been deleted.

Solved!

Help! My playlists have all been deleted.

Hi There,

I logged in, and for some reason my account was downgraded to normal, I'm normally on Premium, and that's what I pay for.

So when I logged in, I went and upgraded again, thinking maybe my billing details were wrong?

When I re-upgraded all my Playlists were deleted, I've spent many hours making those!! I really want them back, can you help?

Ryan

91 Replies
Marked as solution

@AKNexus - Not sure why it works, but try restarting your iPhone a few times by holding the home and lock buttons together until the Apple logo appears on screen then try again.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter wrote:
@AKNexus - Not sure why it works, but try restarting your iPhone a few times by holding the home and lock buttons together until the Apple logo appears on screen then try again.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I need help too! All my music is gone and I have duplicated accounts.

@-Xyxmos- - Follow the steps in this post:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Please-read-Missing-playlists-Premiu...

If you are still having issues, get in touch with support using the link in the topic, then reply directly to the automated confirmation email and someone will be in touch to lend a hand. 

Peter

All of my playlists have been deleted. I'm not sure if it is because I used Facebook to log in and it made another accound for the same email address or what. I was wondering if anyone knew a solution or could help me out! I spent loads of time with my playlists and they are all gone! any help would be appreciated. thank you!

I wish I could get some direct support from somebody at Spotify.  I have a support case open with no replies (01871320), and I have replied to the initial email, many times... My username that I use to use to log in was aldur1131, but that doesn't work anymore...

@KayLeigh__ - Have you tried the steps here?
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Please-read-Missing-playlists-Premiu...

@Aldur - Why can't you log in using your username, what error message are you getting?

Peter

Not sure why I couldn't log log into via my old spotify username, password recovery said that username didn't exist anymore.  However, after talking with spotify support they let me know that my old account was there and they copied all my playlists to the new free account that was accidently created, and deleted my old account.  So for now, I am just going to try Spotify Free to see how that goes.

Hello,

For some reason when I logged on, my account was downgraded back to normal, I have been Premium for three years. All of my playlists were deleted. So I went and upgraded again. I must have made two accounts, because I'm being charged twice a month. Today it did the exact same thing AGAIN. All of my playlists were deleted. I am not upgrading for the third time, and I'm not sure how to get a hold of someone to help me. Please help!

Thanks, Bekah

Hey @bekahwright2 welcome to the community!

It looks like your account has been accidently duplicated. You should get in touch with the spotify support team by using the online contact form or by tweeting @SpotifyCares on twitter.

If you get an auto reply back directing you to the help pages, just reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the employees will get back to you as soon as possible.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Hi,

I have the same problem. My premium account was cancelled because my old credid card was no longer active. I updated my credit card details and I'm now back on my premium account. But when I logged onto Spotify on my Iphone all the playlists I have created over the last year were gone. It seems like I have two accounts, because some old playlists are still kept. Please help!

Kind regards, robinrakke

@robinrakke - Double check your login details, it is amazingly easy to have two accounts one with a Spotify username to log in and another using your Facebook details. 

If you can't locate your old account, I would suggest that you get in touch with Spotify support directly so they can assist you further with this. There are several ways to get in touch!

If you have Twitter, following and dropping a Tweet to @SpotifyCares (English), @SpotifyAyuda (Spanish) or @SpotifyAjuda (Portuguese) is often the fastest way to get a reply and they can deal with the majority of issues excluding payment/billing issues.

Alternatively, you can email them (in any language) using the online contact form. There is also a special contact form if you can't remember your login details or the email address on your account is incorrect. The contact form support team should be able to handle absolutely any issue you are having!

When getting in touch via the contact forms, if you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the support agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

The exact same thing has happened to me!

So here's my problem:

I've been a premium account holder for quite some time.

My paypal payment goes through on Thursday.  A some point on friday, it asks me to accept the terms and conditons.

I agree.

I try to login with my FB account like always.

But all of my playlists and saved songs are gone.

I also cannot play any songs because my Premium status is gone.

Upon looking around here, there is probably a duplicate account.  But I only ever logged into my account by FB.

SO I am extremely annoyed.  I put in a request for service on Friday.

Got the confirmation email.

Silence.  No fix, nothing.

Need help, please.

@GA2121 - If you could reply directly to that automated confirmation email (even if it is from no-reply) that will bump your case to make sure it reaches a member of the team.

Peter

I just did that.
Thanks, peter.

So I replied.

Someone answered.  Asked for more information.

I sent it.  Dead silent.

How long does it usually take for them to remedy things like this?

Because we are almost at a full week.

Grant

Good morning,

just logged out for few minutes and logged in and my playlists are gone.

Please help me! Thanx a lot!

@josipbroz 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanx. I did it already but no real help took place. Just two questions and nothing Else.

It is Strange that no spotify expert reacts here on my Problem. I can See, that few "Pages" before spotify did IT and helped.

Really annoying!

Suggested posts