How can I get private session to turn on automatically?

4 people liked this

How can I get private session to turn on automatically?

hatsjer
Gig Goer

How can I get private session to turn on automatically?  If it's possible at all...

52 Replies
Highlighted
3 people liked this

Re: How can I get private session to turn on automatically?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

At the moment there isn't a way to turn on the "Private Session" mode automatically after log in. 

However, you can also control how your listening habits are shared by going to Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac) and editing your 'Activity Sharing'. These preferences will be saved on your account until you decide to change them again. 

hatsjer
Gig Goer
I am using Windows, but can you be a bit more accurate of the edit > preferences? is it in spotify(the program), the web, or in the computer files?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes this is in the Spotify application on your desktop. Just open the Spotify app, log in and the "Edit" tab will at the top next to "File".

5 people liked this

Thawi
Casual Listener

"At the moment there isn't a way to turn on the "Prviate Session" mode automatically after log in."

Why?

2 people liked this

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Thawi - If you'd like to always be in a 'Private Mode' just follow the instructions below:

Anyone who follows you on Spotify can see what you’re listening to in real time, unless you turn on a Private Session.

Pick a device below to learn how to draw the curtains.

Note: Anything you play privately may still factor into some of the personalized mixes we make for you (but not Discover Weekly).

1. Click  in the top right corner of the app.
  2. Select Private Session. Your picture changes to show the private session is active.

The Private Session ends when you restart Spotify, or after a long period of inactivity.

1. Tap Home 
    Got Premium? Tap Your Library .
  2. Tap Settings .
  3. Under Social, switch Private Session on.

The Private Session ends when you restart Spotify, or after a long period of inactivity.

Thawi
Casual Listener

That is excellent! Thank you :smileyhappy:

1 person liked this

raulserrano
Regular

Hi guys,

so if I have all my activity hiden there is no way people can reach my music? What about all my FB friends? Should I turn on Private Mode... every time??

Thanks for your support

Ra

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi raulserrano - If you've changed all your 'Activity Sharing' and 'Profile' settings nothing will be shared.

These can both be accessed from your Preferences Page: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

8 people liked this

user-removed
Not applicable

@Meredith: You say "nothing will be shared" - Does this include the Spotify ticker at right hans site of the app? I mean what's the point of the "private session" button if you can just turn it all off in the preference settings?

I'm seriously considering making a fake FB profile to avoid the sharing stuff - I'm clicking the pricvate session EVERYTIME anyway.

SUGGESTED POSTS