Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I re-connect my account to Facebook?

Solved!

How can I re-connect my account to Facebook?

I recently (basically accidentally) removed Facebook from my apps screen within my Spotify account. Now, my name shows up as a string of numbers.

How I can re-connect my Spotify to Facebook so it shows my real name again?

I already tried using the Spotify app via Facebook, but that just takes me to the Spotify web page with no changes to my account.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Thanks for your reply. 

Sounds like you might have opted out of sharing your data with Facebook. You can check this on your account page here.
You should also make sure that on Facebook's end here, Spotify has to be allowed to have access to personal data.

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hello there!

Resetting your Facebook account may not make a difference. However, this process might take up to 48 hours as the system needs to update your data. If this takes too long or nothing happens after 48 hours, I'd recommend heading to https://www.facebook.com, under apps settings, and remove the Spotify app from there > log out from both Facebook and Spotify, and log back in on Spotify. This might refresh the settings, but you may still have to wait. You can also try having a clean reinstall of the app just in case. 

Hope this helps and keep me posted 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hello @grextraordinary!

Looking to link your Spotify and Facebook accounts? Easy. Check out this FAQ page on a step-by-step guide on how.

Keep me posted and hace a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hey, unfortunately this doesn't work.

My Spotify doesn't show the option under "Social".

Unbenannt.PNG
Marked as solution

Hey! Thanks for your reply. 

Sounds like you might have opted out of sharing your data with Facebook. You can check this on your account page here.
You should also make sure that on Facebook's end here, Spotify has to be allowed to have access to personal data.

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Alright, so nothing's wrong on Facebook, but I flipped the switch in the Spotify settings and I guess that did something.

Facebook shows up in the settings now, but I still can't click it.

(You're a lot more helpful than the official Spotify support on Twitter incidentally, thanks so much)

Unbenannt.PNG

If you can, reset your Facebook account.

Marked as solution

Hello there!

Resetting your Facebook account may not make a difference. However, this process might take up to 48 hours as the system needs to update your data. If this takes too long or nothing happens after 48 hours, I'd recommend heading to https://www.facebook.com, under apps settings, and remove the Spotify app from there > log out from both Facebook and Spotify, and log back in on Spotify. This might refresh the settings, but you may still have to wait. You can also try having a clean reinstall of the app just in case. 

Hope this helps and keep me posted 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Great stuff, I'll look into that, thank you!

No worries! Make sure to let me know how things go 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star

I'm back to normal! Thank you!!

Great! I'm glad to hear everything's fine now. Make sure to let me know if you have any other questions.

Jose_MSpotify Star
Back-to-the-music500px.gif

@grextraordinary wrote:

I recently (basically accidentally) removed Facebook from my apps screen within my Spotify account. Now, my name shows up as a string of numbers.

How I can re-connect my Spotify to Facebook so it shows my real name again?

I already tried using the Spotify app via Facebook, but that just takes me to the Spotify web page with no changes to my account.

Suggested posts