Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I use several devices with one Spotify account?

How can I use several devices with one Spotify account?

Hi.

I have connected several devices to my Spotify account.  My Spotify installation on my laptop computer at home, my SONOS box at home, my cell phone and my work computer.  And in some cases, my girlfriend is at home and want to use Spotify on SONOS at home at the same time as I use Spotify at work.  But only one device can play at one time.  Is there a way around this, to have an extended Spotify account which allows two devices playing at one time?  Of course, she could have her own account.  But then we would have to switch accounts every time I'm home or she is home.  And this would eventually get quite annoying.  Any tips on how to get around this?

1 Reply

It's not possible to stream from two devices at once I'm afraid because Spotify is set up for personal use only. We have a popular Idea over here for family plans/shared accounts that we'll hopefully be able to do at some point. If you have local files on any of your devices you'll be able to play those while streaming from another location but there's no other way around it I'm afraid.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Suggested posts