Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to check if my account was created using Facebook?

How to check if my account was created using Facebook?

I created my Spotify premium account in 2016. I'm using the username and password method for logging in, but I'm not 100% sure it was always the case. My concern stems from the fact that on my very, very ancient Facebook account I see 'Spotify' in Apps and websites list (when checking details of that connection I don't see that fb shared my e-mail with Spotify). In my desktop Spotify app, I don't have any accounts listed under 'social' - I got only the 'connect with facebook' option/button. Does that mean that this Spotify account is not associated with any Facebook account? I heard that when you created Spotify account with fb you cannot unlink this account but if you did that this way - is this fb account listed under 'social' as well? Thanks!

3 Replies

Hi there @natalia_z,

Thanks for reaching out! 

A good way to check is by going to your account page and then to Privacy Settings on the left hand side. If Facebook is in this list, then your account is connected to it. Also a good rule of thumb is, if the birthday on your account page is greyed out and cannot be edited, then your account was created with Facebook.

If you have only linked your account to Facebook but not created it with Facebook, you can disconnect it as described here. If you did create it that way, it's true that you cannot disconnect it, but it's not impossible. If you wish to disconnect from Facebook but keep the Spotify account intact, you can reach out to our support team and they can do that for you 🙂

Hope this clears things up 🙂

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you. So when I'm checking Privacy Settings I got something like 'Data from Facebook processing' (toggle). On the other hand, I can edit my birthday and, as I said, I don't see any Facebook account listed under 'social' when checking 'settings', I got only the 'connect to facebook' button. Does this still mean I may have created an account using facebook and I should contact support to unlink it? I would like to delete access to Spotify from that Facebook account. 

Ok, so I had a conversation with the support team and they checked that my Spotify account is not linked to any Facebook account at the moment and thus it can be suspected it was not created using Facebook (maybe it was connected at some point later after creating, hence 'Privacy Settings' content). I revoked access to Spotify from that old account and my Spotify looks good. 

Suggested posts