Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to delete my account. Please help....

How to delete my account. Please help....

Hi, I want to completely delete my spotify account that is linked to my facebook. I no longer use facebook and I simply want to start fresh with a new spotify account that is not assosciated with facebook in any way shape or form. Someone please tell me how to do this, because the website is aweful. 

9 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

I wrote a tutorial with all of the steps you need to follow to completely disconnect your Spotify account from Facebook exactly for this reason. You can have a read here

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for the help, however, I am trying to completely delete my account...not seperate from facebook. On a side note, the link you sent me is a little dated.

Can someone please help me? I find it utterly ridiculous that there is no button that simply says "Delete Account" on the account page. That would make sense right? I feel like a slave.

The tutorial I linked to has the details of how to migrate from a Facebook account to a non-Facebook one including copying your playlists over. 

To delete your account, you need to follow the steps outlined in this post

You can create a new non-Facebook account from the signup page 😉 

Peter

Peter

Awesome, thank you for that link to the contact form. Hopefully they respond soon...

If I could get a moderator in here to help out that would be lovely. I need to take care of this.

Honestly, this is crazy. I can't make another account till I delete this one, because of email. I understand that you guys don't want people leaving Spotify, but I mean...god darn. This is a little too much. I am being held hostage.

Hi Peter, I looked through your tutorial in an effort to delete my spotify account that is hooked up with facebook too.  What I seem to run into is that I can't start a new spotify account unless I have a different email address.  I have not found any option to delete this spotify account, and since it's connected with facebook which uses my email address, I can't start a new spotify account that is independent of facebook - because it's already using my email.  Any idea how to remedy this?  I can't even find a way to email or contact spotify to try to figure this out. Only this forum.  I can't believe how difficult it is to separate these accounts or delete this one in order to restart it independently.  It's completely ridiculous.  

Spotify crew - if you see this post,  fix this issue please.  I am clearly not the only one with this frustration; I've seen many posts from people trying to figure this out.   I think most of us have no desire to leave spotify, only to have accounts independent from one another.  For instance,  I deactivated my facebook account and had no desire to reactivate it for a while, but then I couldn't use spotify without doing so.  That sucks big time.    Fix it.   Thanks.   

@andee wrote:

Hi Peter, I looked through your tutorial in an effort to delete my spotify account that is hooked up with facebook too.  What I seem to run into is that I can't start a new spotify account unless I have a different email address.  I have not found any option to delete this spotify account, and since it's connected with facebook which uses my email address, I can't start a new spotify account that is independent of facebook - because it's already using my email.  Any idea how to remedy this?  I can't even find a way to email or contact spotify to try to figure this out. Only this forum.  I can't believe how difficult it is to separate these accounts or delete this one in order to restart it independently.  It's completely ridiculous.  

Spotify crew - if you see this post,  fix this issue please.  I am clearly not the only one with this frustration; I've seen many posts from people trying to figure this out.   I think most of us have no desire to leave spotify, only to have accounts independent from one another.  For instance,  I deactivated my facebook account and had no desire to reactivate it for a while, but then I couldn't use spotify without doing so.  That sucks big time.    Fix it.   Thanks.   

Is there not a support link in the second or third paragraph of that tutorial? (If memory serves correctly)

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts