Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How to disconnect facebook

Solved!

How to disconnect facebook

So I've gone through Facebook and disconnected the app but it's still showing my name.

I've uninstalled the app and tried to reinstall it but it's still shows the name and it's irritating me.

I'm just using my phone app at the moment.
Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

From past experience...

There is a definate delay when dealing with both avatar's and names linked to facebook.

It takes a while to add, update, or remove name or logo and it to actually be seen.

This could be a combination of caching on Spotify's end as well as the local browsers and applications.

While this is frustrating and could probably be improved, it is 'normal' and you should see the change within 12-24 hours.

Have a nice afternoon!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kind Regards, Le FyK.
I do not work for Spotify.

Follow me

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

From past experience...

There is a definate delay when dealing with both avatar's and names linked to facebook.

It takes a while to add, update, or remove name or logo and it to actually be seen.

This could be a combination of caching on Spotify's end as well as the local browsers and applications.

While this is frustrating and could probably be improved, it is 'normal' and you should see the change within 12-24 hours.

Have a nice afternoon!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kind Regards, Le FyK.
I do not work for Spotify.

Follow me

Hey @DoctorSpooge,

Login to Spotify Desktop and unlink Facebook from within the app (Preferences > Disconnect from Facebook).

Another option is to open the web player settings in your browser, and look for the 'Disconnect from Facebook' option.

In a day or two, your name will eventually revert back to your Spotify username.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there,

Sometimes, it could take 24 hrs for the change to be visible. Just give it a few more time 🙂

Suggested posts