Type in your question below and we'll check to see what answers we can find...
If you couldn't find any answers in the previous step then we need to post your question in the community and wait for someone to respond. You'll be notified when that happens.
Simply add some detail to your question and refine the title if needed, choose the relevant category, then post.
Before we can post your question we need you to quickly make an account (or sign in if you already have one).
Don't worry - it's quick and painless! Just click below, and once you're logged in we'll bring you right back here and post your question. We'll remember what you've already typed in so you won't have to do it again.
Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.
Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.
Loading ongoing issues...
This is driving me nuts....I want to set up Spotify on my SmartTV. When I try, it asks me for my username and password. Since I login to Spotify through Facebook, I can't give the SmartTV a username and password.
I found on Spotify that my account is not only linked to my Facebook account, but I've been given a 10 digit number as a username. However, when I try to reset the password for that "Spotify (ten digit #) Username" it asks for my current password. Obviously I don't have it because if I did, I wouldn't need to reset it. So I'm stuck.
I already have a premium account so I don't want to close the spotify account, lose all my playlists, etc. I can't believe there isn't a way to log into Spotify without using my Facebook account. That's just wierd!
How do I set up Spotify on my SmartTV if I don't have a password for my "Spotify (ten digit #) username" and I can't use my Facebook account to set it up on the SmartTV because it requires a Spotify username and Spotify password, not a facebook account???
Solved! Go to Solution.
Tech support got back to me with an answer which worked. Thanks Spotify!
Here's what they said to do:
1) Go to the link https://www.spotify.com/uk/login/?forward_url=/uk/account/set-device-password/
2) On the page that the link takes you to, log into Spotify using your Facebook log in details
3) You will be taken to your Spotify subscription page. Look at the very top right hand corner of the page. You will see a Spotify account number. It is a ten digit number. Make a note of this, as it will be your Device Spotify log in username.
4) Next scroll to the bottom of the page and create a password. Make a note of this, it will be your Device Spotify password.
5) Use the username and password to log into your Spotify/Device account.
6) Enjoy playing and listening