Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to login to spotify without using facebook

Solved!

How to login to spotify without using facebook

This is driving me nuts....I want to set up Spotify on my SmartTV. When I try, it asks me for my username and password. Since I login to Spotify through Facebook, I can't give the SmartTV a username and password.

I found on Spotify that my account is not only linked to my Facebook account, but I've been given a 10 digit number as a username. However, when I try to reset the password for that "Spotify (ten digit #) Username" it asks for my current password. Obviously I don't have it because if I did, I wouldn't need to reset it. So I'm stuck.

I already have a premium account so I don't want to close the spotify account, lose all my playlists, etc. I can't  believe there isn't a way to log into Spotify without using my Facebook account. That's just wierd!

How do I set up Spotify on my SmartTV if I don't have a password for my "Spotify (ten digit #) username" and I can't use my Facebook account to set it up on the SmartTV because it requires a Spotify username and Spotify password, not a facebook account???

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Tech support got back to me with an answer which worked. Thanks Spotify!

Here's what they said to do:

1) Go to the link https://www.spotify.com/uk/login/?forward_url=/uk/account/set-device-password/
2) On the page that the link takes you to, log into Spotify using your Facebook log in details
3) You will be taken to your Spotify subscription page. Look at the very top right hand corner of the page. You will see a Spotify account number. It is a ten digit number. Make a note of this, as it will be your Device Spotify log in username.
4) Next scroll to the bottom of the page and create a password. Make a note of this, it will be your Device Spotify password.
5) Use the username and password to log into your Spotify/Device account.
6) Enjoy playing and listening

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Tech support got back to me with an answer which worked. Thanks Spotify!

Here's what they said to do:

1) Go to the link https://www.spotify.com/uk/login/?forward_url=/uk/account/set-device-password/
2) On the page that the link takes you to, log into Spotify using your Facebook log in details
3) You will be taken to your Spotify subscription page. Look at the very top right hand corner of the page. You will see a Spotify account number. It is a ten digit number. Make a note of this, as it will be your Device Spotify log in username.
4) Next scroll to the bottom of the page and create a password. Make a note of this, it will be your Device Spotify password.
5) Use the username and password to log into your Spotify/Device account.
6) Enjoy playing and listening

It doesnt work. It tells me : There was a problem setting your password

CAN ANYBODY HELP HERE PLEASE???

I'm having the exact same problem

This is not a solution. There is no 10 digit number seen after logging in with Facebook when following these directions.

Awesome! Thank you for posting! This was killing Me!!!

Suggested posts