Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to synchronize with MP3-Player?

Solved!

How to synchronize with MP3-Player?

Hello!

So I just got Spotify Premium and I just can't seem to figure out how to get the music onto my MP3-Player.

I only see a few options with iPods, but I don't own such a thing.

I am not really sure how to get the files into "Offline mode" either - it seems just marking them with a star will do, but then again I don't know where the file is stored.

So how do I do this? Where is the synchronization option for general MP3-Players or where are the music files, so that I can drop them onto my player.

Help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

I think there is slight misunderstanding here. 

Spotify premium gives you unlimited ad-free high quality streaming as well as the option to sync your playlists for offline usage on devices that support the Spotify application, that would be Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7 and Symbian (as well as some TV's and other music hardware devices like Sonos). 

Spotify has the built in capability to sync local tracks that you own to other non-iOS ipods, such as the classic and nano, but it does not allow you to download Spotify catalogue content onto those devices, as they don't support the Spotify application. Unforuntately that means that your MP3-player is not supported. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

I think there is slight misunderstanding here. 

Spotify premium gives you unlimited ad-free high quality streaming as well as the option to sync your playlists for offline usage on devices that support the Spotify application, that would be Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7 and Symbian (as well as some TV's and other music hardware devices like Sonos). 

Spotify has the built in capability to sync local tracks that you own to other non-iOS ipods, such as the classic and nano, but it does not allow you to download Spotify catalogue content onto those devices, as they don't support the Spotify application. Unforuntately that means that your MP3-player is not supported. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

lol. thx. So I'll just throw Spotify into the trash bin then...

I know it is impossible to synchronise other MP3 players than ipods with Spotify. They do not support the Spotify application.

But with Rhapsody in the USA it is possible to do it with all devices.

But the problem is that Rhapsody is only available in USA, UK and Germany. On the other hand I don't want to use Spotydl.

Will spotify allow synch playlists with all MP3 players ?

Thank you

Toub - Jude's post here should explain everything for you.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

how do i get it on an eclipse mp3 player if i don't have the spotify premium?

Hello,

so the spotify you have is unfortunatly not avlible with spotify. the ipod shuffle is what u do need u cant connect sorry. 😞

-emilyjaestickles

Suggested posts