Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to use Spotify Premium while traveling permanently?

Solved!

How to use Spotify Premium while traveling permanently?

In 2018, I'll be traveling constantly.  My spotify premium account will be central to aiding me along the way.  But I'm worried it won't function like normal while I'm abroad.  Does anybody have experience using Spotify Premium while traveling long-term?  What has it been like?  Any tips?  

The Spotify FAQ help section says, on one hand, that I can use my premium account anywhere in the world for as long as I like.  That's terrific.  Exactly what I'm hoping for.  

On the other hand, it says that if you "permanently" move to another country, you have to update your payment settings.  I'm not sure how permanently is being defined.  I won't be permamently living anywhere while I travel.  But I will definitely be in different places for extended periods of time.  How will this affect my account usage?  

I recently traveled abroad to Mexico and found that I have trouble streaming music, even when I had WiFi access.  So that adds to the concern.  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This might solve your problem https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/system_settings/travel-with-spotify/

Also I would change your payment settings to paypal. Link your card to paypal and then link your paypal to spotify. That way you will always hvae access regardless of where you are!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

This might solve your problem https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/system_settings/travel-with-spotify/

Also I would change your payment settings to paypal. Link your card to paypal and then link your paypal to spotify. That way you will always hvae access regardless of where you are!

Thanks Shadow Lord!  That's helpful! 

yes the problem spotify has logged me out of my account on the desktop app because my country will keep changing and it is very tedious, especially when you've paid for premium.

Suggested posts