Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hulu Subscription Not Working After Cancelling Premium on a Different Spotify Account

Solved!

Hulu Subscription Not Working After Cancelling Premium on a Different Spotify Account

My family has a Hulu account that used to be linked to my Spotify account. However, I had to cancel my premium subscription a while back, so we unlinked the Hulu account from my Spotify account and linked it to my Mom's account instead, which she also has the student discount on. Since then, I got premium again, but we kept the Hulu account linked to my Mom's account. However, around a month ago when I canceled my premium subscription again, our Hulu subscription stopped working. Hulu seems to think it was attached to my Spotify account. However, my Mom's Spotify account still shows Hulu as being linked to her premium subscription and does not provide any way to unlink and link the account back to her. I am not sure what has caused this glitch and would appreciate any help in fixing it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again, @EJP619 

Sorry for the delay... I was trying to get some new information to share with you.

Actually you don't need to delete the account, because this little issue seems to be more related to the subscription rather than the account itself...

In this case, the most recommendable is that you can cancel the current Student subscription, to remove any connections between the services, and wait until the Premium time runs out.
After that, you should be able to resubscribe to the Student + Hulu + Showtime offer and link the accounts from scratch.

Keep me posted!

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey, @EJP619 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Do you have more than one Hulu account? Maybe the account linked to your mom's Spotify is wrong and that's why you're experiencing this issue...

Are you getting the option Start Watching when you log in to Hulu but upon clicking it - it still leads them to the Hulu sign-up page? If that's the case you can try linking the accounts again here, preferably using an incognito or private window on a desktop device.

If the issue persists, it would be great if you send us some screenshots and any additional information, so we will be able to look into this further. 

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Yes, I'm sure I'm using the right Hulu account. My family only has one. When I follow the link that you sent and then log in to my mom's Spotify account, I am immediately met with this message:

Screenshot (4).png

When I continue, it brings me to my Hulu account, but for whatever reason, the Hulu account still does not have an active subscription:
Screenshot (5).png

Hitting the resubscribe button does not give me any option to subscribe through Spotify. I am at a complete loss as far as what to do here. It would be helpful if Spotify would let me unlink my Hulu account, but there doesn't seem to be any way to do that. Before you had to unlink the account through Hulu, but since Hulu already doesn't think it's linked, but Spotify still does, I have no way to relink or link a different account to my mom's Spotify. I'm hoping we won't have to resort to deleting her Spotify account and making a new one, but it's certainly coming to that.

Marked as solution

Hey again, @EJP619 

Sorry for the delay... I was trying to get some new information to share with you.

Actually you don't need to delete the account, because this little issue seems to be more related to the subscription rather than the account itself...

In this case, the most recommendable is that you can cancel the current Student subscription, to remove any connections between the services, and wait until the Premium time runs out.
After that, you should be able to resubscribe to the Student + Hulu + Showtime offer and link the accounts from scratch.

Keep me posted!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Okay. Thanks for the advice. I just canceled the subscription. Fortunately, it was supposed to renew tomorrow, so I won't have to wait long for the billing cycle to end before I can resubscribe.

Anyway! I'll be here waiting on an update.

In the meanwhile, it would be great if you double-check the current subscription status on your mom's account page. Just to confirm if she is really on the Student + Hulu + Showtime plan. 

Keep me posted!

Kind Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

It worked! Thanks for the help.

Happy to know that my answer was useful to you. It was a result of teamwork between me and the Moderators.

I'd like to share my sympathy in the name of all Community in this difficult time. 

And remember that you can count on us, always, when necessary! 💚

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts