Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I accidentally unlinked facebook and now everything is wrong

I accidentally unlinked facebook and now everything is wrong

So, I got invitation for spotify family membership. I accepted it and then I proceeded to my profile settings, where I noticed  that I had my old email address listed there. I tried change it, but system asked for my password. Now, I had my Facebook linked so I tried to use my Facebook password but the system said it was wrong password. Then i proceeded to Facebook and changed my password and also outdated email adress. Then I tried to change my profile details again, and spotify said it's still wrong password. 

Okay, then I browsed account settings etc. and clicked 'unlink facebook'. Now I can't access to my account. Login screen just says 'error code: 3'. I tried to find somewhere something that would let me relink my account, but found nothing. Then, dumb as I am, I went on and registered new account with my Facebook profile. 

So what am I supposed to do? I really don't care if I lose my playlists, I can always create them again, but It would be nice to be able to do so.

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed,

You should ask for a password reset if you have access to that old email address you wanted to change. That should get you access again to your Spotify account. Unfortunately, since you used your Facebook to create a new Spotify account, you won't be able to link it to your Spotify like it was before.

You need to follow this link to close that account. Look under 'Account' > 'I want to close my Spotify account permanently'. Be sure to be logged in to the account you want to delete in your browser, or you may end up deleting a different account. Once done, you'll receive an email to confirm.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts