Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't change password and my friend keeps using my account!

I can't change password and my friend keeps using my account!

My account must be bugged somehow. First, I've got playlists that I haven't created. It's almost like my account is linked with someone elses? How can this be?

My real problem though, I cant change password. It says something like "

Another account is already registered with this email address." what?

And it's like this, my friend is using my spotify all the time. So I have to change the password in order to be able to use it. Please help me out here, I dont know what to do. My account name is angeltear.

6 Replies

Try the steps in this FAQ, to change your password. If you use a facebook login, make sure to follow the relevant link at the bottom.

Of course I've tried that. When I try to save the profile...

this error appears

"Another account is already registered with this email address."

What is the username shown in your account overview?

Username: angeltear
Email address: henriknasmark@gmail.com

and this is correct.

That error message is almost always caused when you have multiple accounts in the Spotify system (normally one with a Spotify username and another via Facebook with the same address).

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they should be able to remove the extra account for you and give you a hand making sure everything is secured. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you.

Suggested posts