Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't delete my Spotify created through Facebook, and I can't connect my other account to my FB.

Solved!

I can't delete my Spotify created through Facebook, and I can't connect my other account to my FB.

I have 2 spotify accounts, but I only want one. The first one is the one I use the most, and I accidentally connected it to an old Facebook account from my current one. In an attempt to disconnect the first Spotify account from my old facebook, I permanently deleted my old facebook account. On my first spotify, it says it's still connected, and it won't let me disconnect. On my current facebook, I tried connecting to Spotify, but it made a completely new account that can't be deleted itself. (My first Spotify was created before Facebook was mandatory for signing up.)

How do I disconnect my first spotify from Facebook, delete my second spotify from my current Facebook, and then reconnect my first spotify to my current facebook?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Log into your Spotify using your Spotify username and password. Then there should be a "Disconnect from Facebook" option in preferences. Press that and your Spotify account will not be connected to your old Facebook anymore.

As for connecting your new account, Spotify support needs to deal with it because you just turned your Facebook account into a Spotify account, so you can't connect it to another one.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I am having a similar problem. I attempted to do something similar myself, where I wished to change the FB account associated with my original Spotify account, but am not given the option to do so on my Spotify preference page, instead it indicates that I must log into Facebook to make any Facebook related changes (*within* Facebook). There is no 're-direct' option in FB. I ended up creating and paying for another premium Spotify account just so that I could have my Spotify Account associated with my correct/preferred Facebook account. I was unable to find anyway to transfer all of my Playlists, etc. to the new Spotify account so had to start all over, basically 'losing' all of my Playlists as a result. Additonally, I now have the issue that I went ahead and *gave* the original Spotify account to my kids to use, however I cannot 'un-associate' that account with the original associated Facebook account. My preference would be to let my kids now associate it with one of THEIR Facebook accounts, but not only can I NOT do so, they also are unable to log in to Spotify with the Spotify Login, but must instead use MY Facebook account info to do so, which I am not really comfortable with (nor are they).
At this point, it's a bit late to re-direct the original Spotify account to my preferred FB, but if transfering my Play lists to my new Spotify account is possible, that would be great. Additionally, re-directing the original Spotify account to one of my kids FB accounts rather than my old FB account would be ideal as well.
Is there a solution to this issue that I'm unaware of/missing and if so, can you please point me in the right direction? Sorry this was not truely a *quick reply* Smiley Wink and Thanks so much for any info you may be able to provide on this Issue!
SpiritHeart67

Marked as solution

SpiritHeart67 - I've replied to you on the other thread.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

@Smashkins wrote:

Hy! I've a similar problem..I have 2 spotify accountsbut I only want one. I accidentally created the first with Facebook account but I didn't want it. So i created the second with Spotify new credentials. Now i can't connect Facebook sharing in the second account. I want delete the first account created with Facebook account. How can i do it?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Just drop the Spotify team a message directly using the online contact form and they will be able to remove the extra account for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

36 Replies
Marked as solution

Log into your Spotify using your Spotify username and password. Then there should be a "Disconnect from Facebook" option in preferences. Press that and your Spotify account will not be connected to your old Facebook anymore.

As for connecting your new account, Spotify support needs to deal with it because you just turned your Facebook account into a Spotify account, so you can't connect it to another one.

Marked as solution

I am having a similar problem. I attempted to do something similar myself, where I wished to change the FB account associated with my original Spotify account, but am not given the option to do so on my Spotify preference page, instead it indicates that I must log into Facebook to make any Facebook related changes (*within* Facebook). There is no 're-direct' option in FB. I ended up creating and paying for another premium Spotify account just so that I could have my Spotify Account associated with my correct/preferred Facebook account. I was unable to find anyway to transfer all of my Playlists, etc. to the new Spotify account so had to start all over, basically 'losing' all of my Playlists as a result. Additonally, I now have the issue that I went ahead and *gave* the original Spotify account to my kids to use, however I cannot 'un-associate' that account with the original associated Facebook account. My preference would be to let my kids now associate it with one of THEIR Facebook accounts, but not only can I NOT do so, they also are unable to log in to Spotify with the Spotify Login, but must instead use MY Facebook account info to do so, which I am not really comfortable with (nor are they).
At this point, it's a bit late to re-direct the original Spotify account to my preferred FB, but if transfering my Play lists to my new Spotify account is possible, that would be great. Additionally, re-directing the original Spotify account to one of my kids FB accounts rather than my old FB account would be ideal as well.
Is there a solution to this issue that I'm unaware of/missing and if so, can you please point me in the right direction? Sorry this was not truely a *quick reply* Smiley Wink and Thanks so much for any info you may be able to provide on this Issue!
SpiritHeart67
Marked as solution

SpiritHeart67 - I've replied to you on the other thread.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I google the same question as his, got too this thread and did get no answere. So where is the other thread?  U shuld answere them both mr Moderator 🙂

This is infuriating!!!

I'm having a similar porblem! I tried signing my partner up to spotify, and for some rediculous reason, it signed her Facebook profile to my account!

I've deleted the app from her Facebook, and checked the preferences on my spotify and it says that I'm not connected to facebook, yet it still posts any music im listening to her Facebook feed!!! and her profile pic and her name appears in the top right as my favicon!

I was seriously considering signing up to Spotify premium, but have decided totally against it, because if this is the mess Spotify do with facebook accounts, can you imagine what they'll do with your bank account?! 

This is a shame because I have been a big fan of Spotify until this complete and utter calamity!

How do I fix this? Any ideas please guys, I would really appreciate it 🙂

If you have a dedicated Spotify account then you should be able to disconnect her Facebook from your account easily. Just log out of the desktop client, log back in using your spotify username (not email address) and password, then go to Edit > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook. If you can't see this option, you are signed into a Facebook account not a Spotify one. 

Peter

Peter

hello,

I seem to have a similar problem - a spotify account (premium) which i wish to connect to my faceboouk account, but apparently can't do so - because of a second free account I previously created through facebook, just to look around. I could use some help sorting this mess out, keeping the premium account and getting rid of the free facebook one.

please help 🙂

You should be able to merge those accounts using the desktop client. 

Just log in using your dedicated Spotify username and password, then go to Edit > Preferences > Social Network > Connect to Facebook and log in using your Facebook details. 

Peter

Peter

I've tried this solution a few times, doesn't work for me.

keep getting notified that I cannot connect with my facebook account, it's so annoying

I would suggest in that case you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to work their magic on your accounts. 😉 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

I'll do that, thanks 🙂

Hy! I've a similar problem..I have 2 spotify accountsbut I only want one. I accidentally created the first with Facebook account but I didn't want it. So i created the second with Spotify new credentials. Now i can't connect Facebook sharing in the second account. I want delete the first account created with Facebook account. How can i do it?

Marked as solution

@Smashkins wrote:

Just drop the Spotify team a message directly using the online contact form and they will be able to remove the extra account for you.

Peter

Peter

I messaged Spotify TWICE to delete my old facebook login and had no response!!!!

@Kangeroopoo wrote:

I messaged Spotify TWICE to delete my old facebook login and had no response!!!!

Did you reply to the automated email reply as I suggested above?

Peter

Peter

Hi

Right here's my situation.

I have a premium account which has been put offline.

I have a new account, this one, which as with other is linked to facebook.

I cannot sign into it my old account which is where my premium membership is linked.
 I have tried to request password putting my old username, senjat, into the password request box but no e mail came to my e mail account, which is the only one I use for spotify.

I have a machine which has my old account offline and now 3 devices with spotify which I cannot access my old account, my premium account, with.

I am getting no response from e mails that I have sent to help desk except ones that recognise I have sent something and new posts from another thread which recognises both this new account and my old one as I posted with both at different times.

I have attempted to find the link to spotify box but no luck at all I cannot see where it is linked to facebook at all.

So I cannot use my premium account, I cannot access my playlists except offline and I have a free account I am not using.

Please help!

Do you have a case number from when you got in touch I can escalate to the community staff? 

Peter

Peter

Thank you

Spotify Case # 00650837

@senj wrote:

Thank you

Spotify Case # 00650837

I have passed this on for you 😉 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts