Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have the wrong facebook account linked to my spotify account

Solved!

I have the wrong facebook account linked to my spotify account

Hi,

I have no idea how but when I log into Spotify I now have my friend's Facebook account connected to it instead of mine.

I need to have it disconnected - I have followed numerous instructions (i.e. disconnected from Facebook under 'preferences') but it still continues to show her name on the top right hand corner when I log in and is connected to her account.

Can someone please help me disconnect her account from my Spotify?

Thank you.

350 Replies

Same problem for me, may you please help me aswell, Mr. Allmighty Sam? :))

Same problem. Wrong account, don't know how it got changed, I didn't even change anything, so sogn,up a new account.

Same problem for me. Please remove the facebook connection.

Marked as solution

Can I have my Spotify disconnected from Facebook. It somehow happend and is not supposed to be.
Marked as solution

OK so my brothers facebook is linked to my spotify acount I am Eli bennion and he is Jordan bennion. Do you know how to change what acount the spotify is linked to they are my playlists

Hi I have spotify premium free with Vodafone but it is linked to my old facebook account for work michelle.daltry@fdsw.org.uk it should be linked to michelledaltry@gmail.com can you help?

Hi, my facebook account is somehow linked to my mothers spotify account. Im not sure if that is why she is unable to use her own spotify premium that comes with her spark plan....

I tried this, it didn't work! I still have the wrong account connected to my Facebook and all my playlists are gone.

I have the same problem my freind used her facebook on my phone now her facebook is connect to my accound. How do I disconnect her.

Can you disconnect Facebook account linked to my account

@tengaere @matttodd56

You need to login to Spotify Desktop and unlink facebook from within the app (Preferences > Disconnect from Facebook).

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The account I am currently on is connected with my Facebook account.  I made a new account since my phone now gets me premium as part of my plan.

I want to connect FB with this new account (username: rowsom) and disconnect this one, but since I log in with FB, I'm finding it to be impossible.

How can I make this happen? 

@kaitlynmichelle

Do you have anything of interest in your original account?

If so, I'd be advisable to know your Spotify ID from that account. To do that,

You can login to the desktop app using your facebook email and facebook password.

Once inside, go to your profile. Right click on your name and 'copy HTTP link'.

Paste that link somewhere and you'll see your spotify username, which is a large, random number.

Once you're there, unlink facebook from within the app (Preferences > Disconnect from Facebook).

Wait a day or two, and then link it in your new account.

osorniosSpotify Star

i have tried to do what you suggested , and its coming up with error code 3 and wont let me sign in to spotify on the facebook option, i can log into the application with my username but my friends facebook is linked to my account and the option to disconnect is missing from the settings so cant remove the facebook account linked to matttodd56 

@matttodd56

You should contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you out.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star

Can my Facebook be disconnected too?

@rosslapham

Do you have a spotify username or do you use facebook to login?

osorniosSpotify Star

I am so annoyed with Spotify. I am a dj and I use Spotify but my account is linked so when I play music at parties, I have my cousin linked and playing music at the same time and turns off MY music. HELP PLEASE

@JacobHolmes

My suggestion would be for you to create a new account with a different email address from the one you use for Facebook. That will give you a Spotify username of your choice, so you won't have to rely on Facebook anymore.

Once you have this new account, contact customer support and they'll help you migrate your Premium privileges (if you have them), library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

osorniosSpotify Star

My Facebook is attached to an old Spotify account and I would like it changed to the correct one

Suggested posts