I simply want to change my profile name.

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: I simply want to change my profile name.

The inability to change user name is total BS. I have worked in the software industry for over 30 years and spotify is telling us a load of **bleep** on this one.  They were able to change the user name when facebook was deactivated/deleted. They can change it again they simply do not want to. It is really not a very hard algorythm to write for a competent programmer. I would bet they could have it fully programmed, qa'd and implimented in under a month if they really wanted too. 

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out about this. Right now it’s not possible to change your profile name. If you’d like to see Spotify enable users to change their profile name please vote here. The Community team is actively bringing your feedback to the internal teams at Spotify.

If you want a profile that displays a new name, you can create a new account through your email address.

During the sign up you will get to create a profile name that’s displayed in the app. Please note this cannot be changed later. If you connect your account to Facebook your Spotify profile will show your Facebook name instead of the profile name you selected during sign up.

As a heads up - if you choose to create a new account and you have the student discount, you won’t be able to apply it to your new account until 12 months have elapsed since you signed up for it.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Wow Meredith...  We already know that it's not possible to change usernames.  Why on earth do you think so many of us are complaining.  Not to mention the fact, the ONLY way is to create a whole new account.

Screw that!  How about Spotify makes an effort on making a simple change to their policy.  They sure don't seem to have any problems taking our money...

Solution!

Hey folks,

If you don’t like your display name you can change it following the steps hereIt’s also possible to connect to Facebook to display your Facebook name. But if you add a Spotify display name, it will show instead of your Facebook name.

If you want to read more about how you can customize your Spotify profile, we recommend to check out this Spotify Answer.

Give us a shout, in case there's anything else you need help with 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS