Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Idea] Using spotify on two places in the same house

Solved!

[Idea] Using spotify on two places in the same house

When I sit in my study and am listerning to Spotify and my wife starts listening to music in the livingroom my music stops! I would like to see that I can listen to music at two spots in my house at the same time, you can technically check that we're on the same address by checking our IP adress. It would be kinda strange to have two subscriptions in the same house right?

I understand that account sharing is not allowed, but this is not sharing.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

We are at one location ... our home. I can also watch TV in the bedroom while my wife watches it in the livingroom. That's the same idea 🙂

I know it is not possible at this moment, but it would be a great feature. With all subscriptions we have both my wife and I can enjoy it, but with Spotify this is not possible. So maybe it is an idea to built in an IP checker which will make it possible.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Spotify is currently only licensed for personal use. As a result, this means that an account can be played in one location at a time.
Airhorn Enthusiast
Marked as solution

We are at one location ... our home. I can also watch TV in the bedroom while my wife watches it in the livingroom. That's the same idea 🙂

I know it is not possible at this moment, but it would be a great feature. With all subscriptions we have both my wife and I can enjoy it, but with Spotify this is not possible. So maybe it is an idea to built in an IP checker which will make it possible.

What about listening to spotify in offline mode while someone listens live?

Also if it is licensed for one location use then they should tie the location to the IP ADRESS then its still technically 1 location.

I apologise if my first post was a little unclear - Location is probably the wrong word to use. It can only be played on one device at any one time, regardless of IP address.
Airhorn Enthusiast

I just purchased a subscription to Spotify Premium what about the use of offline mode and live mode? This would be the same concept of playing on multiple devices correct? What would be the difference of using the account maybe on two live streams. Similar to iTunes which allows you to sync purchases up to 5 DEVICES, or iTunes Match. I love spotify and would not trade it but it would be great to have two live account access per account or something along those lines.

People have requested group / family subscriptions previously, and there is an idea thread about that very thing right here. However, the current Spotify terms and conditions state that it's only licensed for personal use. The purchases on iTunes are similar to what we have in place on our Download Store, however - You can download tracks 3-5 times (depending on licensing). 

Screen Shot 2012-04-17 at 5.33.55 PM.png

However - the Download Store is currently not available in the US or Germany. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Listen in offline mode while you study

Is workin!

Suggested posts