Announcements

Impossible to change account password

Solved!

Impossible to change account password

This is my first time posting here much to my annoyance that spotify cannot even implement a password change function properly but here goes.  I have been trying to change my password and cant I go to the "my profile" page go to the bottom enter my new password followed by my current password and hit the submit button.

And.....nothing.  Instead I get a notice appear at the top of the page by my email saying that an account with this email is already in use.

Did consider that this was possibly an error caused by my browser however after trying chrome and IE that appears not to be the case. 

If anyone can shed some light on spotify's incompetance after the 2hrs i've wasted trying to change my password to something secure please let me know.

david

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You will need to get in touch with the support team as Michael posted above. That error message means you do have a duplicate account in the system registered with the same email address. It is especially common if you use the same email address on Spotify as Facebook. Support will need to remove the extra account before you can change your password.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there,

I would suggest you to get in touch with Spotify so they can sort this out for you.

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

Or by following this link (you won't have to login with this link).

Marked as solution

You will need to get in touch with the support team as Michael posted above. That error message means you do have a duplicate account in the system registered with the same email address. It is especially common if you use the same email address on Spotify as Facebook. Support will need to remove the extra account before you can change your password.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi davidewells,

You have created two account with us.

One through us directly and one created through FB - which of these accounts would you like me to delete?

I would like the account created through facebook deleted I have no use for this.

thank you

David

Suggested posts