Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Incorrect Email/Facebook Problem

Incorrect Email/Facebook Problem

I've had a new email for my facebook for a long time now, but my spotify will not recognize the new email. I'm trying to upgrade to premium, but cannot cause to setup you need to be sent an email (which the email on my spotify is no longer in service). Any recommendations and/or remedies?

8 Replies

Hello @phelpsbrooks!

Sorry to hear the lines got jumbled! Here's what I recommend trying:

- Make sure that when you are logging onto your Spotify you are signing in WITH the sign in with Facebook feature.

- Make sure your email information is properly typed out on your Account Page.

Once this is fixed, you should go and confirm with Facebook that there are no errors with your email.

Feel free to report back here if your problem doesn't get fixed!

Let me know if I can help you further!

cheers,

fischfun

If I solved your problem, don't forget to click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION"

♪ I'm listening to... ♪

♪♪

I am a Spotify Community Rising Star and therefor am not employed by Spotify. I can not guarantee any refunds, account recoveries, or personalized help regarding your account. For such assistance I recommend @SpotifyCares on Twitter and Spotify Cares on Facebook.

Unfortunately, this does not work. Everything is fine with my facebook account and the old email address is in no way connected to my facebook anymore, but spotify will not update. Do I need to completely delete my spotify (lose all playlists), just to be able to get premium?

Okay, thanks for following those previous steps.

Can I just confirm that the email you want to use is the one displayed in your "Account" tab under the section "Profile" on the Spotify Website?

cheers,

fischfun

♪ I'm listening to... ♪

♪♪

I am a Spotify Community Rising Star and therefor am not employed by Spotify. I can not guarantee any refunds, account recoveries, or personalized help regarding your account. For such assistance I recommend @SpotifyCares on Twitter and Spotify Cares on Facebook.

No, the one in the profile is the incorrect one

In that case, I recommend clicking the button titled "Edit Profile" located under the Profile tab and changing your email to the one you wish to use.

Thanks for your patience.

cheers,

fischfun

♪ I'm listening to... ♪

♪♪

If you read directly above the edit profile it says you can only edit your email thru facebook. Which I already did and spotify won't recognize. Which is why I initially asked the question. Full circle

So sorry! Thanks for being patient with me - here is the option I see that could help you out:

You could change your Spotify from a Facebook login to an Email login if you think that would be more useful for you in your situation (notify me if you want to begin this quick process).

OR:

If you don't want this option let me know and I'll take steps to make sure your problem gets fixed.

cheers,

fischfun

♪ I'm listening to... ♪

♪♪

I have the same issue and I would like to try this but I have also notic that I lost the slider to disconnect facebook as login. So I am lost and frustrated because I can not get login password for my Volvo V90 spotify

Suggested posts