Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Just got a Password Reset E-mail that I didn't request. Common?

Solved!

Just got a Password Reset E-mail that I didn't request. Common?

Hello everyone, hopefully you're all doing well. A few hours ago, I suddenly got an E-mail from Spotify roughly just saying:

Hello.   
No need to worry, you can reset your Spotify password by clicking the link below:

It had a link and mentioned my username. I didn't request this at all though and it mentions if I didn't request it I can just ignore it. But is this a really common thing to happen? Or does it occasionally send these if you haven't used the service for a couple of months assuming you forgot your password or something silly? 

I'm just wondering if it's a definite sign someone is trying to brute-force their way into my account, and if I should be concerned at all, or if this is common on here? Any thoughts, opinions, and answers are much appreciated 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You should be good. All they did was type in your email and what that does is send you your username and a link to reset your password. You shouldn't be worried. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

You should be good. All they did was type in your email and what that does is send you your username and a link to reset your password. You shouldn't be worried. 

Oh, okay. I guess the only way they'd be able to brute-force their way in anyway would involve if they've already gotten the password to me E-mail or my account.

Suggested posts