Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Logging in to another country

Solved!

Logging in to another country

Hello, I am so frustrated with spotify right now! I live in France but am American, so on this computer (in France) I have spotify installed and operating in English. I would now like to install spotify on my second computer that I bought a few months ago in the US. So you might think that I could connect to spotify online in English, or at least French, since I am now back in France. However, between the time I was in the US this year, and my current return to France, I spent two weeks in Spain using the new computer. Now, in France, whenever I try to connect to spotify on line, or to download the app to that computer, it sends me to the Spanish site. This is totally unusable to me, and I can't even try to change the location or language settings because I cannot read or write Spanish. So I cannot use spotify on my second computer, which I use mostly for traveling. What would happen if I went to Japan???!!! Someone please help!!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the community!

This could be happening because of your browser's cache memory, but don't worry, I'll do my best to help you out.

If you head to the Spotify website and scroll all the way to the bottom, you should see a flag at the bottom right corner. Try clicking it and choosing the language you prefer (English, French, Japanese ;)), and then download the app.

In case this doesn't do the trick, try clearing your browser's cahce and cookies or using an incognito window.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the community!

This could be happening because of your browser's cache memory, but don't worry, I'll do my best to help you out.

If you head to the Spotify website and scroll all the way to the bottom, you should see a flag at the bottom right corner. Try clicking it and choosing the language you prefer (English, French, Japanese ;)), and then download the app.

In case this doesn't do the trick, try clearing your browser's cahce and cookies or using an incognito window.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

That worked! Thank you!

Suggested posts