Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login failed

Login failed

I usually log in via Facebook but it keeps saying login failed on my iPhone. I’m still logged in on my laptop and I can log in via safari. I’ve changed my password like suggested on your Facebook login difficulties page but nothing happens when I try to log in on my mobile app. How can this be resolved asap?

6 Replies

Hi @caithibbs,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

There was a login issue with the mobile app for a short while that should now be fixed. Could you confirm that you're able to log in to your account?

If you're still having difficulties, try clearing the app's cache, reinstalling or changing the network to see if that does the trick.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have exactly the same problem. Logging in on the computer (windows) and from there I change password which takes me to the browser. I change the password and logout. After that I am trying the new password in the browser and on my iphone and it doesn't work. Something is really broken here!!

Hi @eusanka,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

This seems quite odd and we'd like to take a closer look into this.

First we recommend that you reset your password in an incognito/private window.

If the issue persists, can you confirm if you can log in like normal on the desktop app?

We also suggest that you clear your cookies and cache in the browser and also perform a clean reinstall of the app since it will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

On another note, can you let us know if you get the same behavior if you have someone log in with their account on your devices - such as a friend or a family member?

Let us know how it goes.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have now reset my password in a incognito window and after that I tried to login via the desktop app without success. After that I logged in with the browser and it feels that I have a complete new account without my premium subscription. So this is basically the same as before...

I finally figured it out.... you can login with either a username or a email address. I can only login with my username... I think this is strange though that if I specify my email address which should be equivalent with the username (same email address in the profile), I am not allowed to login (Login error: The username or password is incorrect). Is there a reason for why you treat username and email address differently?

Hey there @eusanka,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

We're glad you've managed to log in but the email login should work as well.
Do you mind going to your account page and taking a look which email stands there?

It's possible that you may also have both a Spotify- and a Facebook-created account with the same email address, which can cause some issues, so we'd advise checking this as well 🙂

If the username that shows on your account now is only digits, that means that you're logged in on a Facebook-created account.

You could solve this issue by closing that Facebook-created account with the steps here. Then you should be able to reset the password of the Spotify created account that should have your playlists and Premium features.

We'll be on the lookout for your response.
Many thanks.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts