Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lost all saved content - Everything replaced

Lost all saved content - Everything replaced

Hi,

I had the unpleasant surprise this morning to notice the entirety of my starred content (albums, artists, playlists - even mine!) has been removed and replaced by default spotify playlists and popular pop artists I don't care about.

I have been using spotify premium daily for 2 months now and was really enjoying it, but this is really discouraging since I don't want to hoard the entire library again. I have unsubscribed and don't intend to come back if this issue is not solved.

I have not been able to check if someone else has had access to my account, as it looks like the settings lack the option to do so. Even so, that would be a weird way to hack my account.

I hope I can find help here. Would be lovely to reset my account as it was yesterday - not just playlists.

2 Replies

Hey @Syko!

We’re sorry to hear that. In this case, we'd recommend checking out this guide for what to do next.

Any other questions, just let us know. 

Alright, my problem is solved!

I had already checked your link but did not go all the way contacting the support, I figured this board was the place.

So I sent a message on this link: https://support.spotify.com/ca-en/contact-spotify-anonymous/

The chat operator was really fast at answering, and although he was unable to tell me whether my account was hacked or not, he was able to reset my account to how it was before that weird thing happened. I just made sure to change my password to a more secure one.

Everything is in order now. Thanks!

Suggested posts