Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lost my Spotify account due to linking a second account on same Facebook

Solved!

Lost my Spotify account due to linking a second account on same Facebook

I've been using Spotify for a long time now, recently this "time left" thingy appeared.

So, I decided It'd be very smart to create a new Spotify account, search for my Facebook on Spotify and listen to my so beloved playlist which I had on that account. I WAS WRONG!

Basically as said in the title I linked that "new" account to facebook (I am dumb) and noticed that my Starred playlist wasn't there, it was empty, all my songs I added were gone. I imedeately disconnected my facebook account from the new Spotify login I just created and tried to login with my Facebook credentials to my old Spotify account, however I couldn't. It was a completely new and fresh spotify account and there's nothing I can do about it.

As far as I remember when I logged in to the Spotify website a few times, in my profile there was a section Username with random numbers, is that true that I could connect to my old account with these numbers? How do I get them?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

On Windows, if you bring up a command line window (type cmd into the start menu search box) then type:

dir %appdata%\Spotify\Users

and hit return, it will return a list of usernames which have logged into your client in the form username-user.

Once you have the username, you can look up the profile directly in Spotify by typing:

spotify:user:USERNAME

in the main Spotify search box and hitting return with USERNAME replaced with the username from above. 

Also with customer support, did you reply to the automated email as in my previous post?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

You won't be able to log into the account using that number as a username, since it will have been set up via Facebook so you need to login via Facebook but of course you can't since that account has become disconnected, so all you can really do without contacting Spotify support is copy the playlists. 

Just on the off chance your starred playlist is public but not being displayed for some reason, try searching for:

spotify:user:USERNAME:starred

with USERNAME replaced with your username of your old account. 

If you do want Spotify support to recover the whole account for you, just reply to the automated email reply (even if its from no-reply) and an advisor will be more than happy to help. 

Peter

Peter

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

If you let me know your operating system I might be able to tell you where to find your old username in the Spotify folders. 😉

Alternatively, if you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they should be able to find your old account and get those playlists moved over for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Hey, thanks for the answer. My OS is Windows 7 64-bit

I already tried writing to the Online Contact Form however got no answer.

Marked as solution

On Windows, if you bring up a command line window (type cmd into the start menu search box) then type:

dir %appdata%\Spotify\Users

and hit return, it will return a list of usernames which have logged into your client in the form username-user.

Once you have the username, you can look up the profile directly in Spotify by typing:

spotify:user:USERNAME

in the main Spotify search box and hitting return with USERNAME replaced with the username from above. 

Also with customer support, did you reply to the automated email as in my previous post?

Peter

Peter

I didn't reply to the automated message at the customer support, but I guess I won't need to anymore.

Is there any chance I can login to my old account now that I've found it, or the only thing I can do is to copy the playlist?

Because seems like I can't login to it putting the code to the Username box and I am 100% sure I wrote a correct password.

Also thanks for all the help, much appreciated.

EDIT: Seems like I am unable to see my Starred playlist which is the one I actually need.

Marked as solution

You won't be able to log into the account using that number as a username, since it will have been set up via Facebook so you need to login via Facebook but of course you can't since that account has become disconnected, so all you can really do without contacting Spotify support is copy the playlists. 

Just on the off chance your starred playlist is public but not being displayed for some reason, try searching for:

spotify:user:USERNAME:starred

with USERNAME replaced with your username of your old account. 

If you do want Spotify support to recover the whole account for you, just reply to the automated email reply (even if its from no-reply) and an advisor will be more than happy to help. 

Peter

Peter

I'm paying for premium but all of my music Gone how do I retrieve my account

Suggested posts