Making my profile fully private

Solved!

Making my profile fully private

fenbekus
Casual Listener

Hey! I'm enjoying Spotify for a while now, but I would really like to have an option to make my account fully private. With private, I mean that I want to hide what am I listening to, my playlists, entire profile. I know about Private session, but that's not enough.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Making my profile fully private

Peter__
Community Legend

@fenbekus wrote:

Hey! I'm enjoying Spotify for a while now, but I would really like to have an option to make my account fully private. With private, I mean that I want to hide what am I listening to, my playlists, entire profile. I know about Private session, but that's not enough.

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

There is no way to make your profile completely private, but you can do the following:

- Make all of your playlsits secret from your profile page (privacy option is under the cover art) meaning your profile won't show any of your playlists. 

- Untick the two "Share my activity" boxes in Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Activity Sharing which will hide all of your Spotify social activity from your followers. 

- Untick all of the options under the "Profile" section of the preferences menu and that will hide all of the information from your profile including new playlists. 

Job done ;) 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

13 Replies
Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

@fenbekus wrote:

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

There is no way to make your profile completely private, but you can do the following:

- Make all of your playlsits secret from your profile page (privacy option is under the cover art) meaning your profile won't show any of your playlists. 

- Untick the two "Share my activity" boxes in Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Activity Sharing which will hide all of your Spotify social activity from your followers. 

- Untick all of the options under the "Profile" section of the preferences menu and that will hide all of the information from your profile including new playlists. 

Job done ;) 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

fenbekus
Casual Listener

Thanks mate! That's probably everything that I wanted to hide!

Happy listening! :]

diegorr
Casual Listener

I am having the same concern.

Your instructions have worked perfectly for the windows app but I don't see such a menu in the Android app.....does it use the preferences set in the windows app or is it not possible to keep your activity private in Android?

Thanks

@fenbekus wrote:

Thanks mate! That's probably everything that I wanted to hide!

Happy listening! :]

Joe
Community Legend

Hi. You can set a private session in the android app but you'll have to remember to do so and you can turn off facebook and lat.fm scrobbling permanently.

diegorr
Casual Listener

So you have to set it as private on each session, right? Is there any permanent solution?

@jwylot wrote:

Hi. You can set a private session in the android app but you'll have to remember to do so and you can turn off facebook and lat.fm scrobbling permanently.

Joe
Community Legend

Apart from keeping your mobile in offline mode while you listen to music, not that I can think of. But if you create an account which isn't linked to facebook, using a spotify user name no one would link to you, I'm not sure that any of this would matter, surely?

MaybeBliss

The problem is already having several friends / followers with whom you share playlists, and wanting to neither tell them about everything else you listen to nor pay for and manage two separate accounts.

toddpacker86

Surely it would be very easy for Spotify to create a 'make my account completely private' tick box in the settings?

I know it's good PR for Spotify to have customers sharing what they listen to and some people do genuinely like sharing their music tastes with their friends. But as a paying customer, you should also have the right to not publicly share what you like to listen to.

Seems absolutely crazy that this isn't an option when you consider how much of an issue online privacy is at the minute.

Casual Listener

Hi, 

For me my acount is totaly incoched,(in option) but my listening are always visible not to my friends, but on my profil ? 

if someone have something 

thanks  

SUGGESTED POSTS