Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missing Friend Activity Feed

Solved!

Missing Friend Activity Feed

The friend activity feed panel, normally on the panel to the right of the Windows desktop app (Windows 10), is completely missing.  I have "Show Friend Activity" toggled on in "Display Settings."  So where the heck is it?  

Anyone else have this problem?  I will cancel my subscription if this can't be resolved.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @PavPavPav

Try clicking View and Zoom out.

If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall:

Log out of Spotify and then close the program.

Uninstall

Browse to the cache. The default location should be C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage and delete everything inside the folder.

Delete the folder C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Spotify\Users\<random numbers-user>\ There is a folder for each profile that has been logged into Spotify on that computer account.

Reinstall.

Hopefully that'll fix the issue. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @PavPavPav

Try clicking View and Zoom out.

If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall:

Log out of Spotify and then close the program.

Uninstall

Browse to the cache. The default location should be C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage and delete everything inside the folder.

Delete the folder C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Spotify\Users\<random numbers-user>\ There is a folder for each profile that has been logged into Spotify on that computer account.

Reinstall.

Hopefully that'll fix the issue. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi Osornios!  Thanks for the reply.  The friend activity feed WAS there, but I did indeed have to zoom out to find it.  

Have a great week!

You're welcome. Glad I was able to help. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I have the same problem with mac. 

This is what happens. 

Same thing in 2 different Macs.

Help please 😞Dsbz0aMX4AADeTY.jpg-large.jpeg

Where the **bleep** is "view" in Spotify?? I do NOT see that option anywhere.

Hey there @GypsyBoi

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

When you open the Windows desktop-app, just go to the upper left corner of the app-window. Click on the three-dots menu and the third option says View. Once you click on it, you'll be able to zoom in, zoom out or reset the zoom setting. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Hi

I'm having a different issue regarding the activity friends list. I can only see half of my friends' activity. The other half is simply gone, and I know that they are using Spotify and they told me that they have the option to show others what they are hearing on. I tried loging in and out. I tried a fresh reinstall. I tried deleting the folders listed above. None of that has fixed my issue. I don't know what else I can do. Here's a picture showing that right now I can only see 1 friends' activity despite following 7 with the option enabled.

Thank you

Spotify.PNG

Hey @Mau727,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Please keep in mind that the friends you follow on Spotify need to have the setting switched to ON for you to be able see their activity in your Friend Feed. Plus you'll need yours switched to ON if you want your followers to see your activity too.

If you're certain that that's the case, you might be experiencing a case of this Ongoing issue. You can add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner to be informed an all updates, as soon as there are any.

Hope this helps. The Community is here if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts