Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account has been disabled but Spotify are still charging me

My account has been disabled but Spotify are still charging me

Hi there,

I sent a message to Spotify support earlier this week, but I haven't got a response so I thought I would ask on here to see if anyone else could help.

I was informed that my premium account has been disabled, but Spotify are still charging me and taking money from my bank account. When I try logging in to the Spotify software I am told error 410 has occured and if I attempt to log in through a browser it tells me my account has been disabled.

My case number is #00951239. Despite still paying for the service I can't access it, and I also can't stop Spotify from taking more of my money without logging in. I would really like this situation to be resolved so that I can access my premium account again. My usual account name is _jmac_, but I obviously can't post here using that at the moment.

Thanks,

John MacMillan

6 Replies

Hello, @johnmacmillan! I don't like the fact that you are still being charged. I've escalated this topic for a staff member to take a look into this further for you. Just be patient and someone from the team will be in touch shortly.

Hi johnmacmillan! I can confirm your case is with us and a member of the team will get back to you shortly. They'll definitely be able to help get to the bottom of this. 

In the future, if you open a case please be sure to respond to any automated emails you get back. Your case will reach the right folks and we can help--thanks!

I just got an email from Spotify Support saying they stopped charging me when they disabled my account (5th of September), but my bank statement shows that they took money from my account on the 27th of September.

@johnmacmillan - just reply directly to that email explaining your situation and the team can look into it a little further again for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for that. I have already replied to their email, but I also wanted to put that information on here.

@johnmacmillan - Did you get this all sorted? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts