Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account has been disabled, can I recover it?

My account has been disabled, can I recover it?

Spotify blocked my account without explanation. I don't have access to my playlists. what can i do to get it back
2 Replies

Hey @CARLOSCR25 ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

If you get an email or error message that your account’s disabled, it’s likely due to one of the following reasons:

Suspected fraudulent activity

If Spotify detects any possible fraudulent activity on your account or anything else that violates their terms and conditions, they disable it.

Chargebacks

A chargeback is when someone reverses a payment to Spotify through their bank, credit card company, or online payment service (such as PayPal).

This disables the account the charge occurred on and switches it to the free version of Spotify.

• For online gift cards, only the account that bought the gift card is disabled and the gift card is revoked (so can’t be redeemed). If it’s already been redeemed by another account, that account will receive an email to confirm a chargeback has been issued and won’t have Premium anymore.
  • For Premium Family, only the plan manager’s account is disabled. All the other accounts stay enabled, but will switch to the free version of Spotify.

If you feel there's been some confusion, you can contact Spotify here. You may need to provide proof of account ownership, or purchase or payment details. It’s good to have these ready.

Hope this helps. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

My Question or Issue

So my account got disable and I don’t know if my payment plan was canceled. So I created a new account but I don’t know if I’m still going to be charged. 

Suggested posts