Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My iPhone and MacBook Pro have two different usernames, how do I merge them into one?

My iPhone and MacBook Pro have two different usernames, how do I merge them into one?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 14, MacBook Pro (2017)

Operating System

iOS 16.5.1, macOS 12.6 Monterey (21G115)

My Question or Issue

Somehow, my iPhone has a unique username (a string of numbers) compared to what's on my MacBook Pro (a string of numbers and letters) and I want to combine these, or make one of them the primary and get rid of the other/merge them together.

I'm not sure why I can't change my username from those ridiculously long strings of letters and numbers, or just a series of numbers, like on the iPhone, but this appears to be the fault of the Spotify app itself. 

The iPhone has no email address associated with it but the macOS version, with a different username character string, does.

So, how do I marge the iPhone account with no email to my preferred email that I have on my MacBook without losing the playlists, likes and the data from the iPhone app username?

1 Reply

Hey @darinmarshall ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so you can't change it. What you can change, is your display name, though.

It's also not possible to merge accounts, but you can transfer your playlists and saved music to your preferred account by following these steps. 🙂

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts