Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My only option is to create a new account?

My only option is to create a new account?

The only option to get support is to put a message in this god **bleep** "community", no real support for premium users.

The issue at hand: You assholes had permissions to read my facebook messages, so I removed the ability for you jackasses to access my information. Now I'm stuck with this shitty username and email address that I never use, and my only god **bleep** **bleep**ing option is to create a new spotify account? are you shitting me? You can't do a basic update statement on a database to change an email address or a username because I signed up with facebook and removed it? And I'm supposed to transfer my playlists? What in the **bleep** kind**bleep** is this?

Here's a hint. Update account set email_address = '*snip*' WHERE ID = 12345;

Plan

Premium

Country

Does it matter?

Device

Doesn't matter

Operating System

Doesn't matter

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed, help's here. 

We understand your concerns, and would like to help as much as we can. 

If we understand you correctly, you've disabled the option for Facebook data processing from your privacy settings on your account page. This means that your Spotify account won't be able to fetch data from Facebook, such as name, picture, friends, and so on. 

If you don't want to use Spotify with Facebook, you can reset your password with the email address you used on Facebook when signing up the Spotify account, and then use that email address and the new password to log in. However, it sounds a bit like you're having trouble with the registered email address, so whether you want to update the email address, don't want to create a new account, or need to create a new account, our support team can take a closer look and help you further. You'll find them here. They can also answer any other account-related questions such as transferring data to a new account.

Hope that helps, and let us know if there's anything else.

Suggested posts