Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My profile doesn't come up when I search it and doesn't offer the options to Follow or be Followed

My profile doesn't come up when I search it and doesn't offer the options to Follow or be Followed

I just created a new profile and when I search it, my profile does not show up as an option. In addition, at the top of my user page, I don't have the option to follow other users or have them follow me. Any ideas as to why that is? I have a second account and never had the same issues. The options to follow and be followed automatically showed up. 

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 11.07.09 PM.png
5 Replies

Hey @LOOMIS75248,

The more followers you have, the more likely it is that your profile will show up in Search.

Your profile has the follow button, just like all other profiles 🙂 

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey Maxim!

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, that is not my profile. Mine is the one pictured in my post with the orange circle. There are many "Loomis" User profiles and I think that is one of the other ones as I've seen that one before. I've gone through the dozens of Loomis profiles when I search my name and never seen any with my orange circle. I understand someone has to follow me to see that button, but any idea why my profile wouldn't already generate a "Follow" button. As you can see from the screen grab in my post, I don't have one. Appreciate any guidance you can give me. 

Hey @LOOMIS75248,

for me it's the same when I take a look at my Spotify Profile:

skcak

So, when you take a look at your own Profile, you won't see the follow button.

Could you please send me your Spotify URI with me, so I can look if I can see the Follow button 🙂

Have a nice day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star

It just showed up! Thanks for your help. 

https://open.spotify.com/track/6ATBJZYmxRseWgxPWvaXb5

LukeSpotify Star

Suggested posts