Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My username is a bunch of random letters and numbers

Solved!

My username is a bunch of random letters and numbers

Made a new account, set my username as jieokamoto instead, I got this.

^For some reason mobile shows my username correctly but whenever i try to log in with my username it doesn't work. Had to use my email to login.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @jieokamoto -

The random username(username showed as a bunch of random letters and numbers) is just a way to keep in track of user data on Spotify, so you won't have to worry that much about it 🙂

However, your real username(jieokamoto) should be visible to others and able to be found by just searching your username; 

If you want your Facebook username to appear on your profile, you can connect your Facebook account with Spotify.

Here are the instructions: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_basics/using-spotify-with-facebook/

Thank you 🙂

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, @jieokamoto -

The random username(username showed as a bunch of random letters and numbers) is just a way to keep in track of user data on Spotify, so you won't have to worry that much about it 🙂

However, your real username(jieokamoto) should be visible to others and able to be found by just searching your username; 

If you want your Facebook username to appear on your profile, you can connect your Facebook account with Spotify.

Here are the instructions: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_basics/using-spotify-with-facebook/

Thank you 🙂

testing..

Just seeing if replying will fix my name, having the same issue

Test

Same

Me too

test

Test

ignore me i'm testing something out

Test

test..

test.

testtt

Test...

Test

Any reason why we can't get a option for vanity name, instead of relying solely on fb to provide it? Thsi thing should be a backend string for support, not something for the end users to see.

test

Test

Suggested posts