France

Device

Acer Laptop, Samsung J7 2017

Operating System

Windows 7, Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

[English]

Hello everyone !

I have a problem with my username. Instead of my Facebook one, it is composed of number and letters. I've connected my Facebook account, and I did disconnect it like it was said in the instructions for this problem (I did it 5 times!). But when I connect again, it still be the username with numbers and letters. I have this problem on my phone (under Android Oreo) and on my laptop (Windows 7). They are at the last software update, so it didn't come from here. Can someone help me please ?

I have'nt find the solutions in Spotify help, please do not send me the link to.

Thanks you !

[Français]

Bonjour tout le monde! Comme vous avez-pu le constater dans le titre, je rencontre un problème de lien avec Facebook. J'ai connecté mon compte, mais ne peut pas retrouver mes amis ni apparaître auprès d'eux avec mon véritable nom. J'ai tenté de déconnecter/reconnecter à 5 reprises, comme le mentionne l'aide de Spotify, mais impossible d'y changer quoi que ce soit. Ma photo finit par disparaître au bout de quelques secondes, et je retrouve mon identifiant en majuscules...  Pourtant sur Internet, je suis connectée avec mon profil Facebook ! J'ai ce problème sur mon mobile et mon ordinateur, qui sont tout les deux à jour (Windows 7 et Android Oreo) donc je ne comprends pas.. Quelqu'un peut-il m'aider ? Merci d'avance !

{snip - Community Moderator edit}

SPOT2.PNG
4 Replies

Hey Elise_3331!

Unfortunately, Spotify does not currently have the option to change your username (which is used to sign in). Many times, when people connect through facebook, they have a similar problem to the one you are describing. To change your DISPLAY NAME, which is not used to sign in, try this:

- Go to https://www.spotify.com/account/privacy/

- Deselect "Facebook Processing Data."

After doing this, it may take up to a week to refresh your profile.

I hope this helps! 🙂

-Oburger04

Sorry, I meant SELECT Facebook processing data! Also make sure to let it access your Spotify Account.

Hello Oburger04,

Thanks for your answer! I did deselect it before, maybe that's why this was going wrong. I've done what you told me, I hope it will fix the problem. Thanks you very much !

Have a good day,

Elise_3331

Awesome!

Suggested posts