Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My wife's Facebook account is connected to my Spotify and I cannot disconnect it

My wife's Facebook account is connected to my Spotify and I cannot disconnect it

I already did everything I've found on this board with similar topic but it doesn't work. I disconnected and reconnected several times Spotify and Facebook, I log in with my account but still my wife's profile is on. I appreciate any help.

16 Replies

Hi there,

Welcome to the Community.

That's strange - from looking at your account on our system, your account appears to be connected to the Facebook of a Domingo. Is this the right FB account?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Indeed it is, but when I open my Spotify program my wife's Facebook appears. I've tried even uninstalling and installing the program again and rebooting the computer and still the same

Could you try logging in to our web player and let us know if you're seeing the same thing?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Same thing with the webplayer, my wife's Facebook

Is there anything else you can do to help me this matter? I don't know what else I can do and there is no telephone support to solve these kind of problems. Attached you may find a print screen with my Spotify and my wife's Facebook

Captura de pantalla 2013-09-27 a la(s) 16.05.34.png

Can you try logging out and back in again making sure you are using your Spotify Username "andresmosto" and your Spotify password? 

I can confirm like above your account shows as Domingo for me. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I did it and still the same. I never log in with Facebook I always do it with andresmosto and then I connect and disconnect Facebook from preferences. Even when I tried to log in with my facebook user (domingomosto@gmail.com) and password I still get my wife's user.

I know its a real pain, but could you try a clean reinstallation of the client including manually deleting the specified folder (since it looks like you are using a mac) and let us know if that helps? 

Peter

Peter

I've tried, but when I went to Library I couldn find these 2 folders 

• ~/Librería/Caches/com.spotify.Client
  • ~/Librería/Application Support/Spotify

There were only com.apple and com.hp in Caches and there was no Spotify in Application Supoort.

I did it anyway but with the same result: I don't know what else to do...

Thank you very much for your help Peter

Trying to see if anyone else in the super user team has any suggestions for you!

Peter

Peter

Hey andresmosto!

I've had a little tamper with your account, hope you don't mind.

Please try logging in now, you might need to re-link your Facebook account but you should be good to go after that. 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

I don't mind, thank you for helping me. I've tried and now the webplayer seems fine but the Spotify program remains the same...I attached recent print screens so you can see it.

Captura de pantalla 2013-09-27 a la(s) 16.57.21.png
Captura de pantalla 2013-09-27 a la(s) 16.57.57.png

Would you be able to try another clean reinstall and see if that finally kicks it into gear? 

Peter

Peter

I've tried again, but when I go to delete the folders that a clean reinstall require I don't find them. I think that's maybe why I still get the same problem... Am I doing something wrongly?

Captura de pantalla 2013-09-27 a la(s) 17.06.35.png

If its not there then it is possible it was removed automatically in the uninstall process. 

All I can suggest is give it a little time, now its showing correctly in the web player hopefully it will sync across the desktop.

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts