Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not able to pay with creditcard from another country?

Solved!

Not able to pay with creditcard from another country?

Hi,

I come from Denmark, but are currently living in Germany. I still get payed from Denmark, and therefore still use my danish creditcard instead of a german one. But now my Premium has been cancelled, apparently because it's not possible to pay with a creditcard not belonging to the country you're currently residing in.

Can this really be true? I'm still a danish citizen, so it seems quite ridicolous. 

Appreciate any help! Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi. If you are premium user you can listen everywhere. The only requirement is that your credit card should be from the country your account is from.... so both countries should match. If you have a Danish account and you are paying it with a danish credit card then you shouldn't have any problems at all even tough you are currently in Germany.

I think maybe there are other reasons why your premium got cancelled.  I suggest you to check your credit card for anything that could be wrong with it. If everything looks to you fine then contact customer service with this link https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/  Fill the contact form and if you get an automatic mail, reply it with the same problem description, they take up to 24hrs to respond.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi. If you are premium user you can listen everywhere. The only requirement is that your credit card should be from the country your account is from.... so both countries should match. If you have a Danish account and you are paying it with a danish credit card then you shouldn't have any problems at all even tough you are currently in Germany.

I think maybe there are other reasons why your premium got cancelled.  I suggest you to check your credit card for anything that could be wrong with it. If everything looks to you fine then contact customer service with this link https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/  Fill the contact form and if you get an automatic mail, reply it with the same problem description, they take up to 24hrs to respond.

Suggested posts