Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not receiving device password email

Solved!

Not receiving device password email

Hi - I just upgraded to Spotify Premium, and I want to setup my iPhone and Sonos device to use it.  I saw that I needed to create a password, and to click on a set-device-password link to get started, which was supposed to send me an email to my registered email account.  However, I have not yet received this email.  My device username is 124507541 - I have checked spam folders, but nothing has come through, and I have tried this link several times.

Can someone tell me if Spotify is having a problem?

79 Replies

Can you post your case number (#) from when you got in touch with support (its in the automated email reply) and I will get that chased up for you asap? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Peter, 

Spotify case # 00922718, 16 sept 2013, didn't get any reaction other than the contacting the spotify support team message.

Usersname should be 1147392900

Tnx!

Lennart

Alright, thanks for the information. 

I'll ask someone to make sure you get a reply now 😉 

Peter

Peter

yup,

still nothing new. I even wrote another mail to the support 😞 

@lmooijekind wrote:

Peter, 

Spotify case # 00922718, 16 sept 2013, didn't get any reaction other than the contacting the spotify support team message.

Usersname should be 1147392900

Tnx!

Lennart

Thanks Lennart. We sent a reply on the 19th, but I've resent an email for you now. Please check your spam folder and let us know if you receive this.

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

@DanielNb wrote:

yup,

still nothing new. I even wrote another mail to the support 😞 

Apologies for the delay. We'll look into this for you.

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

Peter,

Have a reply in my mailbox now! Tnx!

Lennart

Perfect 🙂 

If you need anything else, you know where to ask!

Peter

Peter

worked out, thanks!

In fact, you do not need an extra password. 

I do not seem to be able to receive the password link either. My device user name is 118024644. Please send the link manually.

Hey @GRUWEZ ! Welcome to the community 🙂

If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to get one of those out to you manually after verifying a few details. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Same issue, no email with device password. How hard can it be? I contacted spotify support, but from what i can see from this thread i cannot count on them fixing this immediately. I will go check the other services supported by my soundbar, and start using one of them instead if i do not get a fast reply to my support request.

@ReneMoller wrote:

Same issue, no email with device password. How hard can it be? I contacted spotify support, but from what i can see from this thread i cannot count on them fixing this immediately. I will go check the other services supported by my soundbar, and start using one of them instead if i do not get a fast reply to my support request.

If you have replied to the automated email reply as above @ReneMoller someone will get back to you as soon as possible. 

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter

I created a case # 01032516 using my email address. The automated mail didnt tell me to reply back, so i'm not sure what you mean?

Thx for the help.

Just reply to it anyways (even if its from no-reply) 😉 

Peter

Peter

Bad support. I got an email today and replied with the answers they wanted within 10 minutes. Now i havent heard anything for several hours. I spend the time setting up a new service for my device and downgraded my spotify account. Problem solved.

I am having the same problem, It`s been a week and I haven't received nothing yet. My email is hotmail and is linked to my facebook and I`ve been checking my junk too. I sent an email 2 days ago to the link you posted and they didn't`t answered me yet. What should I do?

@Bernardors Did you not even receive an automated response? 

No, nothing at all

Suggested posts